Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Homer simpson,

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by hightherebrooke, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Gang up on the guy defending legal MJ, eh? Guess I missed the memo for International Be a Tool day, but whatever. I'll keep on pushing for medical use, you guys keep on doing whatever it is you're doing to improve the image of MJ use...

Oh wait...

2. #22 Asthmatic, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    So my experience is that I was self medicating with MJ between about 1973 and 1990 when almost every one using MJ was not considered a patient under treatment. I have a sleep disorder that did not even have a diagnostic code or treatment back when I started using the stuff. I have seen enough new diseases and problems identified in my life, things the Dr. looked at me and said go way there is nothing wrong with you, your not sick, then 10 or 15 years later they say this is a real problem we need to do something about it. I believe most people who self medicate really do have a problem that is being missed, misdiagnosed, under treated or the treatment is ineffective even the ones who claim to be recreational. The more I learn about my endocannabinoid system and the side effects of the medications I use to be on the more I think that California is the only state in the union that is getting it right no mater how bad it looks to the nay sayers. Screw them all.

hightherebrooke's statement about getting it from a friend from a dispensary does not mean she is not a patient or in fact the patient it was obtained for. Most states allow patients to transact with each other and also allow care givers to obtain provisions for the patient in their name when necessary. I rarely have any thing to do with the local dispensaries any more. Too much trouble too expensive too inconsistent. I do almost everything patient to patient. hightherebrooke's question about having fun with the medicine is a little suspicious but she is still new here at least and it may not have become a drag for her feeling this way all the time yet. I don't remember which of my Dr's said it, probably my psychiatrist, but there is no crime in enjoying the medicine you take. Our Dr's prescribe medications to us in an effort to make us feel better and at least with this they don't have to worry about me not filling the recommendation (R/x) or skipping my dose.

My best memory of my medicine is finding out how well a topical ointment can work for pain relief.

But then there was the first time I took it in my life too. I ate about 1/2 Oz. stems seeds and all & went on a 10 mile bike ride down town from where I was living. It was just like one of those late 1960's scare films. Things were moving in stop motion time dilated and then compressed, Ended up getting a flat on the way home, dad came out to find me, was so late getting back for dinner. Good thing I had the flat when he caught me or there would have been hell to pay. Got home & could not deal with any thing. Puked up about 1/2 of what I'd eaten, another lucky break, said I was sick went to bed, slept it off & no one was any the wiser.

3. pardon, i figured that since it came from a dispensary that serves medical marijuana! i could post a question about medical marijuana?

now, i apologize that it offended you. :'(

4. i see. that could be really fun.
    i wont knock it.

my response to the last sentence of your post: youre welcome! ;)

5. great opinion!
    i agree to the part that weed has been around longer than any law - it is a plant!

and no stress on this end.
    thank you! <3

6. lol..
    that doesnt seem like the most funniest... i mean FUNNEST memory. but it's a memory nonetheless , you can look back and laugh. :)

7. that would go great with this

[​IMG]

8. Smiling right now. Don't take any thing that might look like an attack that you read on the medical board too seriously. Most of us are sick or concerned for a family member who is sick. We spend a lot of time feeling out of sorts. Many of us are dealing with life threatening conditions and are here making our own medicine because it is the last house on the block for us. We get epically out of sorts when some one says or does something that threatens our last refuge. For people like me who takes it all day every day and expect to need to continue to do so until I draw my last breath it gets old fast. Fun is really not on the menu. If I play with the medicine I have on the shelf today I could come up short for the medicine I will need tomorrow. That would mean a trip to ED or worse when you have asthma.

If going back to the medication I use to take for asthma and pain was an available choice for me I'd do it today, but that would dramatically shorten the time between now and my last breath so here I am.

9. oh my God, i'm sorry, i hope everything is well on your end.
    i HONESTLY didnt know that it was that harmful or offensive. deeply apologetic, because i would feel the same if vice versa. i completely understand scrambledeggs!

for you: i promise not to make a mistake like this. thank you for making me understand better. and thanks for understanding that i'm a new member and cutting me some slack.

10. they really mean it when they say "ignorance is bliss" i need to educate myself better! thank you for the information!

11. Ok, Ok...you seem apologetic and I admit it was a fairly sh!tty day when I wrote the last few bits. Hugs & Reese's cups? ;)

12. I'm not offended. Trying to explain why some of the other patients were. Right now I'm kind of Ok. and in a holding pattern

13. HUGGGGS , aww! :)
    sorry about that, really! :/

14. what does it mean to be in a holding pattern?

15. Besides treating asthma and pain I'm treating osteoporosis. The holding pattern is waiting for my next bone density test to see if I have began to reverse the disease or not. Cannabis based cannabinoids did not help during the last testing cycle and my bones continued to dissolve away and get weaker. Bone growth is known to be controlled by cannabinoids or should I say endocannabinoids so now I'm focusing on trying to make my endocannabinoid system rebuild my bones it is kind of way out there stuff that the researchers have not fully figured out yet so we are guessing. It is however an educated guess.

Here is the basic logic: http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/as...asis-osteoporosis-treatment-omega-3-fats.html

My Dr has agreed to test in another year instead of making me wait the normal two years because of the way the disease appears to be progressing in my life. It will provide feedback on what we are experimenting with to try and reverse the process and give me more time to try other things later if this doesn't work. As long as I don't break a hip or back bone in the mean time it is all good. My father use to break bones just rolling over in bed & my Dr. knows what I have planned if I get there. (punch the time clock and check out)

16. youre EXTREMELY intelligent. so, youre a scientist!?
    how long did it take for you to figure out all this stuff

are you scared...?

17. I'm scared a little but it is Ok for now. I have a plan....

Thanks for the compliment :eek: I think your exaggerating a little but thanks just the same. It took months to blunder upon the different research papers involved but the logic to put it together went fairly quickly once I had the information.

18. #38 austyn12, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    that looks like high mids if it has no seeds i dont see any crystals in the picture.

19. no problem :) , are you working under a company to help them find different types of medications?

20. oh thanks, what are "high mids"?
    they didnt have crystals in them.