homemades - way more practical..

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Gabumon, Aug 15, 2010.

1. #1 Gabumon, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2010
    Hey, i've been cruising through here for a bit now and have not seen a single comment about plastic bottle bongs.
    What's with that??? They are so common here, they make sense, are cheaper, and do the job, imo, just as well. :)

And basically i just wanna show off this picture, usually i use a hose, but this was a recent wake and bake. I'm proud of my bongcraftsmanship, and the picture below is the green i smoked, could someone tell me what it looks like. I have absolutely no understanding of all this "mids/highs/bla bla" stuff :S

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (pics are from a phone, lol)

Sorry, back to the question. Why don't i ever hear of home made bongs here?? Please enlighten me :p

EDIT: Sorry for the ridiculously sized photos... i cbf resizing them now. Already deleted the incriminating photos off the computer :/

2. sorry glass on glass is the way to go. plastic bongs should go back to the 70's

3. Hmm, I've seen plenty of threads on homemades... You sure you're looking right?:D

But for input, yeah, I tried homemades for while - I made a killer waterfall bong out of one of those big smartwater bottles. But just yesterday I got myself my first bong, a $25 mini, and I have to say, comrade, once you get a hold of that glass, name it, and test it out, then an idea goes off in your head and you say to yourself: "Man, this really is the shit. I'm doing this for real now. :smoking:

I named it Hobbit by the way :p

4. I might have to buy a glass one then, but are they hardy?? And i live with my parents who have no respect for personal space, so where would i keep it lol.

I guess i didn't explain why i think plastics are practical lol. It's my damn parents.. It's alot easier to hide a pipe than a big glass thing :(

I would LOVE to buy a mini glass bong.. is there really a difference though??

P.s. I didn't really look TOO HARD for threads about homemades :(

5. My little Hobbit seems very sturdy, I noticed that it would also make a very nice blunt weapon if necessary and it probably wouldn't break :p

Well, I got a mini with stealth in mind as well. What I do is put it in a large ziploc bag with a bunch of dryer sheets for smell prevention and keep it under my bed. I'll probably move it somewhere else but I'm not too worried about it getting discovered - my mom ain't going to go digging around for any reason and I'm close to moving out anyhow.

If plastic works for you, though, then don't feel you have to switch to glass to be like everyone else. But the glass is quite nice :D

6. That coke bottle bong doesnt look very good. Either the water is extremely dirty and you need to change it or your using coke, which you really shouldnt as this can absorb some of the THC as it filters through the liquid. Also, please use the lighter, not the match. Match heads have sulfur and shit in it, if you have to use one let the head burn off and use the wood, which it looks like you have done. And smoking out of metal always tastes like shit to me, not to mention it gets wicked hot and you cant poke the weed around with a finger or else you get burnt.

But I also use a homemade bong, Id agree it gets the job done. But not to the same extent that a nice GonG piece does. My reccomendation for homeades is go to the supermarket and in the produce section buy a medium pom bottle (the pomegranate juice) drink the juice and use the bottle as a bong. It has 3 bubbles that not only look cool, but deliver a nice hit.

7. scroll down to the bottom of this page, im sure you'll be enlightened :hello:

8. Lmao @ OP. Come on.. lmao I'm sure most of us glass owners have tried water bottle bongs before :p I can confirm 100% that your opinnion is wrong. No hard feelings! Enjoy the homemades, nothing wrong with homemades.

9. Glass tastes so much better, i think it effects the high too.... could be wrong on that, but seems kinda that way lol

buy a spoon if you don't have room for a bong

i made a real cool Sobe bong... took an hour to drill the holes in it, the stem is a pipe off a windchime and a tire socket i stole from a garage that happened to fit perfect lol hit pretty good, but trust me dude, 9 times out of 10 your shits not gonna be airtight or made right, a proper glass bong will fuck your world if you're not use to it lol

10. no sir.
    1. pick out your bong.
    2. GET FUCKED UP!!!!
    3. stare at it while 'FUCKED UP'.
    4. let it tell you its name.
    i name my homemades too!
    i love my dank-a-saurus

11. Haha well, I was mostly clumping all the actions together. I had, indeed, tested it out before I finally settled on the name. :D