Homemade Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by babybongbitch, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Hey guys,
    Just had a quick thought on making my own vaporizer. I've been wanting to do this for quite a while but I'm not 100% sure how I want to do this. I've been looking at some things and want to make a pro one.

I've had the idea to use silicone rubber heaters and a thyristor to get the temp right and then make some sort of casing for it. But I am not sure if this would work or anything and would like to know if any of you have done this and I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Also if any of you have been able to make a legit vaporizer on a budget I would love to know how!

Thanks guys

2. #2 palooza, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
    Would this work? Get a cooker and a glass jar or a jar that can take hot temperatures, put the jar on the cooker and turn the flame on and close the jar, let the vapor build and then massive rip...

EDIT: don't forget to put weed in the jar

3. I'm thinking of a portable one as well though. I was thinking a polyimide heater below a metal surface in a small container with a on/off switch or something. Something I can make on a budget and still have money for weed after

4. Sounds like you want a replica of the magic flight launch box

5. Sort of but don't have that much money to spend hence the home made version I'm trying to think up

6. #6 babybongbitch, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
    Here's a quick sketch of what I was thinking.

Attached Files:

7. search for "lightbulb vaporizer" on youtube. I built one for less then 5euros using a 100 watt incandesant bulb, a sports bottle top, a candle and some electrical tape. Hope this helps

8. I've had one of them before but didn't like the feel of it. Just didn't enjoy it as much as a pro one that I tried.
    I know I won't get the same results as a pro one but I prefer not to feel like an amateur one if you know what I mean?

9. But, there are a multitude of possible bad things that could exist on that heating tube, or the adhesive you use to fasten things to it, that you probably shouldn't breathe. Just think. Vaporisers are safer, cleaner and healthier !

10. I'll give that a try thanks mate

11. I have a great vape for 50,- Euro.
    A bong with a hot air gun ( 250 ).

This is great, hot air guns are available at a lot of electric stores, cost 20,- to 50,- euro.
    I got a steinel hl 1910 e, cost abou 50,- Euro.

I got a lightbulb, that sucks.

If you don´t got enough money for a vape or hot air gun, you can even vape with fire.
    Put 2 pipescreens on the weed and smoke it. Most of the weed gets vaped before it really starts to burn.
    And if it starts to burn and condensate is rising, you can stop.

You end up with much more thc and much less condensate compared to bongsmoking.
    I call it vapsmoking.

12. That sounds good, just got some new screens in and have a pipe so will give that a try and will return with feedback on Saturday ;)