Homemade vaporizer makes me look like a crack head

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jesstokesalot, Sep 6, 2013.

1. I recently went on a dry spell due to no money, so i had to conserve weed as much as possible. I had a bong and a pipe but both have huge bowls, so i needed to find something that used little bud. I found a youtube video on how to make a vape with a lightbulb, so i made one. 

It has duct tape, the top of a 2 liter, a tiny metal straight pipe, and a lightbulb.

My fellow toker roommate was looking for a lighter in my bag, and found my homemade vape ( Which works amazingly by the way, ) and brought it to me and accused me of smoking crack. Apparently this is widely used with a lot of hard drug users. It uses little weed and works good for a quick toke. Thoughts?

2. It DOES look like you're smoking crack.

Save up and buy a real vape, those things are nothing in comparison. They just make you look like a crack head!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
    Then don't use a lightbulb vape. You're likely vaporizing many toxic chemicals and risking your health. Which is desperate and risky.

4. Please do yourself a favor and go buy a mason jar (they are around a dollar I think). Much cleaner glass, no argon on the sides of the glass. It will last longer, thicker glass. You'll just have to maybe use a torch lighter of some kind or hold the BIC on longer.

5. Broslice, what's a decent vape that won't offgas and harm you on the inside where it counts cost? $100 Maybe?

Be smart and use a clean medical grade vape.

Hell, I'd likely smoke if I had to be high rather than risk what you're doing, plus, crack-head sheik is out. I refuse to inhale smoke for any reason, but lightbulb wastes?

6. Stop being so tight with your money! Buy a US-made vaporizer! (The "El Cheapo" knock-offs have been reported to sometimes cause lung and chemical sensitivity issues.)  In the long run you will save money with a vaporizer!

You use less- because the cannabis is not destroyed, the THCA (no high) has a chance to decarbolyze and turn into THC! There can be as much as 6 times the THCA, than THC in the dried herb. The gentle heat of the vaporizer knocks off the extra atoms in the THCA to  transform it into THC!  :smoking:  Fire just burns it all up. :cry:

After you are done with the load in your vape, you do not want to toss it! Save it up, then run it through a blender and add to your favorite brownie mix (you may need to add a tad more water to the mix). Yes, there is still enough "bounce to the ounce" left in the "duff" to make some passable brownies! :hello:  You can get stoned TWICE on your cannabis! :yay:

Plus, you won't look like a crack-head!

Granny

7. Haha I did this before I was 18 and could buy my own vape. Also made homemade bongs and stuff too. They look sketchy but they work well honestly. So much happier to have real glass and a vape now lol.

8. lol crackhead vaporizer, couldn't help but read this after I caught the title. What are you thinking man? Do yourself a favor and get a REAL VAPE! Save up some coin and get something legit as soon as you can.