Homemade stone pipe

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by waldojeffers, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Yo, everyone.

I just decided on a whim a few days ago that I want to make myself a stone pipe as a project for the next couple of weeks. I found a site that sells alabaster for 70 cents a pound and figure that I can probably carve a pretty decent piece for about $25 after shipping (more expensive than buying a professional pipe here, but I like the idea of trying to do it myself even if I fail).

I might also try to just carve it out of some random rock I find somewhere, but that would probably be difficult to do.

If any of you have any advice on how to do this most effectively, I'd appreciate it. But my specific question is how you could seal two pieces of stone together safely. I figure that, given my lack of experience carving stone, I would want to make the bowl and the drawing tube separate pieces and then connect them together. I wouldn't want to use glue though, since I would get paranoid about glue vapor in my lungs, and I don't think I would trust on the tightness of the fit to hold it together like those Inca buildings.

Thanks for any help,
    waldo

2. instead of connecting two pieces try making just a straight chillum

3. Might be a bit late but if you need help, just message me, I've made stone pipes before and its very easy, but takes a few hours. You don't need to make separate pieces, here's a method I figured out for mine:
    [​IMG]

4. Ahahahahahaha, a bit late? More like 5 years a bit late. Ka-ching.

I need to +Rep you for some reason.

5. weedidas, could you tell me the ways of making a stone pipe, ive smoked out of one before, there badass, but i dont want to buy special rocks, if thats required

6. did you make it?

7. Yeah, how did this ever go down?

8. just realized this is 7 years old, my bad

9. Did you ever get it??? Post a picture if you did