Homemade Stemless disc to dome Bong

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by blaze025, Sep 2, 2012.

1. #1 blaze025, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    Check out my piece I made. I put alot of thought into this, and I'm pretty satisfied with the result. The bowl is a standard glass 12mm bowl that can be bought at a head shop. The down stem is made from plastic test tubes so it's heat resistant. There's a disc in between the two circles that bubbles very well. Then the smoke goes through a dome perc at the top.

[​IMG]

You'll have to excuse the crappy quality of the photos and videos, my computer broke so I'm using my old slow one. More pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a video, I just recorded smoking a bowl and cut out the extra stuff. The video gets a little laggy at times, but it catches back up.

Homemade Stemless Disc To Dome Bong - YouTube

if anybody knows how to embed let me know cause I can't figure it out.

I know some people out there think smoking out of plastic is bad but this piece was designed with that in mind which is why I used the materials that I did.

I've also got an ashcatcher for it that I'll be posting soon, and I'm working making a carbon filter as well.

UPDATE:
    added a video for the ashcather - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkJbuXN6MZI&feature=youtu.be

2. looks good man

3. Thanks man, it took alot of hard work. I put alot of thought and planning into it before I even started.

I made an ashcatcher for it the other day and finally got a video of it together. It came out alot better than the first video did.

Homemade Inline ashcatcher- YouTube

still don't know how to embed a video haha. I have a prototype for the design of a carbon filter, maybe I'll put up a video of that soon.

4. nice its got a good clean look and stacks good, nice would love to see it when your finished, im having my boy make me a glass carbon filter soon, were both pretty new to blowing both self taught but only he has a legit torch and lots of glass and i only have a blow torch and pyrex test tubes and such ahaha

5. yeah I don't think I'd be very good with glass. I just come up with designs haha.

6. its not for everyone, but it is alot of fun to work with molten glass, but yeah you cant really do anything elaborate or any crazy designs at first unlike plastic