Homemade Pieces?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by LovinTheHigh, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Hey guys :wave:

What are your opinions on homemade pieces? I've heard some like the creativity, while others think its a waste of effort.

Personally, if you can make a piece that actually works and taking in consideration for all the materials and stuff, then kudos to you man :D

Then again investing in a good glass piece or something is the best option, dont get me wrong with that.

Now I'm just rambling. But anyways.

Peace :smoking:
    -L

2. It's always fun to make a home made.

Things to stay away from:

Aluminum
    Paints
    Plastics
    Certain metals (Don't know which kinds)
    Things that melt
    Anything that lights on fire.
    Rubber

Ehh those should all be obvious.

If you can make a piece out of glass, that would be great! :wave:

EDIT: It would be sweet to make a wooden pipe too. I've been wanting to try it but I haven't gotten the chance.

3. if i had the skill and patience i would make a bong out of a wine bottle, that would be nice to have around haha. :smoking:

4. I don't see anything wrong with homemade pieces, I really like them. We bought a buddy of mine a texas mickey of Crown Royal and we turned it into a bong afterwards. It hits like a champ.

So, if your bong ever breaks, keep the slider and shit to use in homemades.

5. yeaaa i once made a piece out of a seashell! like i used the seashell for a bowl. before you smoke it though you have to burn all the nutriets and shit off so you dont inhale those. and clean all the ash off. then its like perfect to use as a bowl for a homemade piece :)

6. I think it is an awesome way to express creativity. It is another way to save money. I like making homemade pieces and smoking a bowl out of a piece you made yourself.

7. if you want to smoke with class, only smoke from Glass or Brass.
    I have a ton of homemade glass pieces. I haven't made much recently, but I've done a lot of work with random glass items and a diamond tip dremel bit. You're really only limited to what kind of glass you can find, but if you get creative you can do almost anything.
    Test Tubes plus multiple little holes: new diffuser downstem
    Star brand Vinegar bottles are perfect for mini bongs and only cost about $2. (try google images "star vinegar")

I've made hand pipes out of wine glass handles. I'm going to have to find some pics, but I think they're on my old hard drive, but I've got a ton of stuff I'd love to show off :)

8. sweet man, i'd love to see some pics! :)

9. boy i sure do love ol' frosty

[​IMG]

glass slide with a 4 arm tree perc (now diffused) and ice chamber.

10. Ive made a vaporizer out of a lightbulb, coke bottle screw top and a rubber hose. It works really well, just make sure you clean out the light bulb really well. There are videos on youtube that shows you step by step instructions, just search homemade vaporizer.

11. phantomxrider, that is badass. Homemade pieces are great conversation starters if you're with a group of people.

12. yeah frosty's a legend among everybody i know....new people ask why he's crooked, its because i was stoned when i made him haha. thanks

13. #13 Atmo, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2010
    I found a couple pics, but they aren't anything too special, I have much better ones I have to find.
    Anyway, this bubbler was made out of a glass soy sauce bottle, a mini test tube (mouth) and a slide+downstem, rubber gromets:
    [​IMG]

this one is REALLY old, it was made out of a glass Xmas ornament, haha. It didn't last long, it was more of a joke pipe (bubbler) for my friends:
    [​IMG]

Here is something I started and never finished. This is the first revision of a pipe I planned on making out of glass microscope slides. I have a more finished version but I need to find the pics (it's WAY cooler)
    [​IMG]

And the general schematics for it were here:
    [​IMG]

But they have since changed, but the general idea is the same.

I'm gonna find my good homemade pipes and bongs and post them here, these were the only ones I had online.

14. Wooden bowl my brother made from maple on a lathe. Comes apart for cleaning or hiding, and fits back together with brass fittings. Hits like a champ!:hello:

Attached Files:

15. When you make wood pipes, what do you do so that the wood doesnt catch on fire? Im not very intelligent, so this might be a stupid question haha :p

16. oh you guys have some kickass bongs. heres another one i made out of bamboo and a corn cob pipe and it has a bubbler chamber...its like a pokemon card trade meeting:smoking:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. i want to know how u did this cuz thats siiiickkkk

18. In my art class we had a project where we had to make an abstract seashell, so I took that as an opportunity to make a clay bowl disguised as a seashell. But my art teacher somehow knew that it was a bowl and she broke it :(

19. That thing is chill brotha! Talk about a sustainable piece, who can hate on that.

20. They always work if I forget a pipe. I can whip a pipe up out of anything. This ones a pen and a band-aid. I've made one out of a wine cork and foil before. Lol #goodtimessmoking

Attached Files: