Homemade Organic Flowering Fert

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by FortysAndBlunts, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Does Anyone know how to make one? i made a homemade fish emulsion but thats for veg, what would i do to that for flowering? Maybe make some sort of tea?

2. Not too sure about this one myself but I have found plenty of handy little web pages like the following: organic nutrient chart. Which will give you an idea of some of the materials you can use.

The good ole comfrey tea Comfrey Makes Garden Fertilizer Will give phosphorous but is a little nitrogen heavy imo for use as continous flowering fert. I also heard of nettle tea but dont know the npk value of the final tea or its suitability for use as a flowering fert.

I will be using Vintage bat guano after considering the fox farms line of flowering products which I found to be very expensive. The brand I will be getting is 'Feed the Soil' brand which has an npk of 3-10-2. I also have a lot of coco peat and fibre dug into my plots to hold water which provides extra potassium and phosphorous in small amounts.

Hope that helps though I'm certainly no expert and am looking for a similiar flowering fert myself.

Keep it green.

3. comfrey and nettles are for veg mainly!!!

Flowering: wood ashes, bone meal, high P bat guano... I'm using biocanna flowering.

I'm pming you a list of NPK values. Hope it helps.

4. Thanks for confirming that Corto, I was thinking the same about comfrey and nettles being more for veggin plants and have looked long and hard for something with a high P and K value.

Does that vintage bat guano with 3-10-2 npk seem like a good option for making a tea for flowering or is it too high in nitrogen? I have some bone meal/woodashes and was considering the Fox farms stuff but would like to use something a little cheaper and homemade.

Keep it green.

5. Thanks for the list corto. I would give you rep, but it won't let me!!!! I jaw to spread it around more before I can give it to you

6. #6 cantharis, Jun 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2009
    I use comfrey juice all through the grow. Seem to do well on it.