Homemade magic flight launch box question

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by happyhuman528, Jan 16, 2014.

1. So I've been trying to make my own magic flight box but it hasn't been working out right. For some reason the mesh isn't heating up like it's supposed to. I have a 2500 mA NiMH battery, what I'm pretty sure is a copper wire, and a mesh that I cut from a kitchen strainer. I don't know why is not working correctly. I'm wondering if the kitchen strainer is the wrong material or if the copper wires are too thin. Do any of you guys know what might be wrong or how I might figure it out? Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile appSent from my HTC6500LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 STIGGY, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    I think the opposite try thinning those contacts and get a very fine screen
    all that metal is to much resistance for the screen to glow.
    I belive this may be true.

3. So i should try finer copper and screen? I thought that the copper should be rock and the screen should be fine. That way you get more current through the copper then more resistance at the screen. But its possible that I just don't understand electricity. XD Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 turbotoke, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    This probably won't work, when you send the electricity through the screen it has too many paths to travel and so the resistance is minimal, therefore creating barely any heat.  

In the real MFLB the electricity is put through a single wire, so all of that energy is focused in one place making heat.

Also, how would that work even if it did what you wanted?  Being that there is no cover any vapor would just be lost right?

5. I think your screen is to course
    On second thought the wire guage looks close
    Do a google on homemade magic flight
    There a a few good builds

6. This is an unfinished project. I stopped when I realized that the screen want heating up. When I finish it it will be fully covered. The real mflb goes through a screen though line this in pretty sure. I think it is more fine though. Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app