Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

homemade lightbulb vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by greenmachine269, Feb 16, 2010.

1. ive never used one and wanted to know how good they work? any experiences?

2. My buddy has hit a light bulb vape and my Launch Box and he says there's no comparison. A light bulb vape definitely isn't as good as a legit vape, or even a glass piece.

3. well yeah there is a big difference between that and a launchbox.

4. It works, but not very well. only getting like half of what you could get from a bong or something.

5. It's the first thing I smoked from until I got a pipe. Haven't looked back and never will.

6. If you don't have a bong, it's a good way to get a clean hit. It doesn't smell and not too much mess. What I do is I just break a good enough amount of buds so it can be burned up until the bulb is covered in smoke. While holding the flame on the bottom of the bulb constantly moving and shaking the bulb gradually so every piece will burn, the high is good.

7. it will work if you use it right, i made one over winter break one night just to see if it works, it got me ripped, but i doubt it was very healthy for me. I'm sure we've all smoked something ghetto at one point.

8. im not a fan of these at all

9. #10 creedjus, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010
    I can't believe all the hate for this thing. I understand that the people who have legitimate vaporizers and $150+ ROOR bongs are going to demonize a $1.50 piece; but for people who can't afford such a nice piece, this is a great alternative. I'm looking for a more high-end glass piece now, but I would never pay for a $20-$30 piece, knowing I could just use by bulb. I have a bowl that I never use anymore simply because it has been replaced by my bulb. Requires an incredibly small about of weed and it's vaporized! I have never felt the burning that others have felt, if it burns than your doing something wrong. There's no smell, although I'd still exhale out of a window to be safe. Very smooth hits; almost feels like a normal breath of air. The high comes on slowly and in my experience seems to last slightly longer. Give it about thirty minutes to judge if you like it or not, cause you might not feel a thing for the first fifteen minutes. Make sure your bulb is completely dry and clean it out often, including the downstem. Try to conceal it as well as possible to prevent any wasted vapor. I just bought a 4 pack of off brand light bulbs for 77 cents, and that's the only material you should need to purchase. Just give it a chance.

10. They're alright, but it's better to be safe than risk smoking some shitty toxins.

Same goes for home-made bongs (I love mine to bits but it's nothing compared to my glass one)