Homemade Joint Rolling Machine

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by colini, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Anyway, my bong recently broke ( it was a beautiful piece of glass :( ) and I've been having a lot of fun with this little "cigarette" roller I bought at the head shop. You know, one of these:

[​IMG]
    Being a student in electronics, I decided it would be pretty cool to have an electric "cigarette" rolling machine on my desk for next year at school :D. It doesn't seem too hard since the concept is very simple... two rolling pins and a piece of vinyl.

After tons of googling, Ive found nothing in the homemade rolling machine category. I figured someone would want to build their own for shits n giggles but it seems like nobody has. One dude built a pretty cool "cigarette factory" on YouTube haha.

Anybody have any links or experience in the subject??

2. feel like i gotta bump this.
    BUMP.

3. Do it then post it with a shit load of pictures and explanations of each picture!

4. Wow got some replies almost a year later haha!

I did a few test runs, the first with two rolling pins, sort of like that picture I posted. It did work, but not very well, it was hard to get the pressure right with servo motors and whatnot.

The second test I did was with an old-school patent for a cigarette rolling machine -- it seemed to work the best. I got a design laser cut and tested it out, it worked pretty damn well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Search google and youll find where that design came from. It took a lot of work figuring out dimensions and stuff, but it works well! I never did get around to adding motors or doing another test run, mostly because it costs like 50 bucks to get stuff laser cut and the pieces to go with it.