Homemade hotsauce and my garden <3

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Kiefsweat, Aug 6, 2011.

1. care to share z pasta sauce recipe?
    always looking to try something new,

2. #22 GOLA, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'll pm it to you. Ancient from Italy recipe. Super secret.

3. just harvested these from the garden earlier.
    some red hot cherries on the left.
    some kind of long ass hot as fuck pepper on the bottom
    the top left, twisted, evil looking peppers that are sweet with no heat at all
    next to that are jalapenos of various stages
    and then some red hot chili peppers haha sweeett

they are awesome as hell.
    epic meal soon.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. So begins the journey along the path of munchification...

:hello:yesss

sweet evil peppers and an aged red chili that i dried out, and also a red jal.
    saute with some oil and garlic
    [​IMG]

aah, here we go. some deli sliced ham(lunch meat) sauted with some dill and basil and salt n pepper also. gooooood shit maan
    [​IMG]

here we go, idk where this really came into play when i was making the sandwich
    but i said fuck it anyway and decided to cook an egg over medium. Also added some salt n pepper and oregano.
    [​IMG]

And so begins the process of production. One slice of italian white bread with sesame seeds, provolone cheese, the sauteed ham, more cheese, then the sauted peppers, another slice of italian bread on that. More provolone cheese
    the rest of the sauteed ham on that, the medium cooked egg on that with some more cheese on that and then the last slice of bread. I sprayed both sides of the sandwich with olive oil and put some garlic and herbs spices on that as well.
    The egg also busted open as you can see and fuckin dripped down
    i said fuck it and went with it anyway, poured the rest on top haha
    [​IMG]

on to the next one...
    [​IMG]

and here prevails the fucking epic meal of the day!:cool:

shit tasted good as fuck btw. i loved every bite of it.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. daammmn that was such an epic sandwich

6. just felt like bumpin for the hell of it haha
    check ma sheet out peeple

7. this thread delivers +rep

8. dude, dudes, everyone...

more munchies coming soooonnn hahahaha
    mad scientist in the kitchen gettin stoned as fuck and cooking up a mothafuckin storm

9. I make homeade pepper sauce nearly every year. It can't be beat on fresh cooked winter greens!! This year I made 12 quarts from cayennes that I grew as an experiment. Normally I use Tabasco peppers with a smal quantity of Habanero. The cayenne sauce is aging as we speak and I can't wait to crack into it this winter.:)

10. aww man, i made a red hot curry paste/sauce thats fucking marinating in a jar hahaha
    im sooooo excited to try it out
    i made a habanero tomatoe salsa as well, witch is awesome

11. Whoa I forgot I made this. All these years later Im still making hot sauce and doing garden shit. Guess I should utilize this for now and update it with my sauces and garden. Ive got a lot going on!

20201103_182124.jpg

Heres the last fermented sauce of the year I made for 2020. Habanero/ghost pepper ferment. Nothing added besides salt and sugar. Mashed and fermented for 2 weeks. Decided to add vinegar to this batch after it was done. Help preserve a little longer.

<3

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Got this years peppers germinating last weekend. Ready to get this sauce going!!
    20210117_165416.jpg 20210117_164952.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. First sprouts of the year. I got some ghosts, and these in the pic MOA scotch bonnet. Gonna be good! 20210127_174452.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. pepper update. We got some Aji melocotons, Rocoto melons, ghost peppers, scotch bonnets, and some Eglen Turkey red bell peppers. About to pllant some more peppers. Carollina reapers, dragon cayannes, aji chombo, and some golden honey jalepnos.
    20210227_122907.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Also here are a couplle cactus flowers from the garden. Should be plenty more to go. Dont want to spam with too many pics. 20210227_143034.jpg 20210227_143038.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. why not the threads 10 years old...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I’m glad to see this thread bumped and alive. I grow the stuff but never made a sauce, just soups.

18. Aww Im sorry if it bothers you. Not.

20211017_170957.jpg

Heres a ferment from the peppers I grew this year. Aji peach, MOA scotch bonnets, and pippins golden honey. Its been fermenting over 3 weeks now. Its pretty much done so Im gonna blend in some more veggies and fruits to dilute the heat and add new flavor profile.

20211016_090954.jpg

Heres a habanero x ghost pepper cross. These are F1 seeds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Im growing a whole bunch of pepper plants this year with hopes to make my own delicious hot sauce, long live the thread
    My moms peruvian and loves growing Aji, im glad to see others growing it too. A delicious staple

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. I love hot sauces!
    Peppers, herbs, flavors of all sorts, growing brewing cooking- it's all good.
    Cheers to the good looking variety of peppers this year! And reviving your own thread- good stuff man!

• Like Like x 1