Homemade grow box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Greedygreenback, Nov 16, 2016.

1. im a newbie in the growing world. After throwing a seed in a pot and watering it occasionally I got into a new and exciting hobby. Although I do plan on buying a grow tent kit soon, I would like to get some seasoned input. The current crop is about a week old and wrinkly has only it's first set of true leaves and is around 4 inches. Any input is appreciated. You could call it the hillbilly portable trash grower lol. IMG_0450.JPG IMG_0452.JPG IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0456.JPG IMG_0458.JPG IMG_0460.JPG

2. Lights closer and more 6500k bulbs.

3. Done and done! Thanks! Also added more bulb splitters. Now there's eight 65k bulbs and the 150 in the middle. Do I need more venting?

4. Exhaust fan at the top.
    Probably 2 120mm fans near the bottom, where the coolest air is, and some pantyhose for filter if you have a dusty floor.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thats neat, you need better soil imo

6. I
    ill need to get another fan and some repositioning. Rooms clean also flowing Carolina reapers. Need to stabilize temp and air ratio. One problem is the grow medium but coming into winter it's hard to buy locally. There's a triple 120mm with temp control switch for 70$ but it's a waste when I buy my tent kit. Is led the way to go?

7. Yea I know but in my parts unless I order online the only choice is miracle grow. I'm going to go big time when I learn enough and dial things in, but I figured my hillbilly box would get some laughs

• Like Like x 1
  8. I use LED HPS and MH will cost less for good stuff, my LED will grow 1 or 2 plants at a time and was 450 bucks but this is what I have on day 50 flower. DSCN0196 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hey man I made mine in a freezer that was broken, so no worries but you can get better soil, get normal potting soil with no nutes, and some perlite mix it 60/40 or 50/50 and your golden.

10. Hmmmm if I was not going to buy a full tent kit I could make use of a busted chest freezer in my barn.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm running miracle grow moisture control now. Working good for my reapers.

12. You see, this is why I love this shit. Creating something using your ingenuity. Good on you. Neat little box.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Saves a lot if money and creates something no one else has. It's a shit ton of fun while learning so much.

14. Awesome Phil! I'm going to make some capsaicin threw steam distillation. It's for own personal use but also sells for over 100$ an ounce.

15. Does anyone have a preference to lighting?

16. Well I like my freezer, but I am getting a tent I could get well only one big plant in it at a time, I could do a sog in it with 2 or 3 but would not get much more I dont think.