Homemade glass bong help

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ThEiLlEsTaRoUnD, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Hi,im tryina turn a svedka bottle into a bong,What will i need to do this and how much will it cost?
    Any feedback is appreciated.

2. I made mine for about $3, i used a ceramic drill bit, a pen downstem, and a socket for a bowl, you have to be VERY careful when drilling though, do not rush it.

3. I used a cone shaped grinding bit on a dremel tool, a GonG down stem and slide ($35 at a local head shop), and clear drying epoxy to hold it in place. I will start a new thread about it in a while.

4. when you guys drilled through the bottle, did u do it at an angle or just perpendicular to the surface?

5. i made the hole bigger than my downstem so i was able to put it at an angle anyways, but you could always use something to scratch a mark where you want to drill so it will grip better and not just slide off.

6. i drilled straight in, then ground the top and bottom into an oval shape, and even angled the top and bottom edges a bit too.

7. my vote would be go to your local head shop and tru buyin a plastic gromet and bul from like an acrylic (if not just a cheap one) and that way u know how large to drill, plus you will end up with a legit looking piece :smoking: