Homemade fertilizer from cannabis plant

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by AsapPuff, May 14, 2017.

1. I had an idea and was wondering if it was possible to make a homemade fertilizer from the remnants of your plant

• Like Like x 1
  2. I never tried making a fertilizer solution with cannabis plants but I use my leaves for mulch which will break down and release the nutrients into my soil (if your not using a sterile medium). Or chuck them in the compost or a worm bin. Plants feeding plants

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. If I somehow liquifiied and sparyed it on my plants do you think the nutrients would break down the same?

4. It's called compost, and yes, you can use any sort of leafy refuse to make your compost. However, it takes quite a while to make it happen and for the soil to be usable. Also, if you plan to use this to grow your own plants with, I suggest you find a good proven soil recipe to use. Just throwing this and that into the mix isn't the way to go about it. There are specific nutrients that need to be in your mix, so unless you've done this before and are experienced at it, use a recipe. Personally, IMO, what's the point? The stuff I get at the grow store works great, is ready right out of the bag and I didn't have to do any of the work.. LOL TWW

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah pretty much what white widow said. some good materials to compost are any peels(like from fruit and shit), used or unused coffee grounds+filters, tea bags, grass clippings, cardboard(but no color on cardboard), hair, fish, leaves and alot more.

6. I personally wouldn't make a solution with it. Compost or worm bin is probably best. The worms break it down in no time. Stems could take a while though.

7. Im growing indoors how would you compost indoors?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Look up worm bins if that's something you'd be interested in. Make high quality worm castings that's better than most composts you can buy. Breaks down fast and no smell. You can even adjust it to your needs by adding things that are high in the nutrients your after. Pulverized egg shells work great for calcium too. It's super easy . I keep mine in the basement and you wouldn't even know it's there. You will eventually get other critters in the bin but they are harmless and only help speed up the process. Everything stays in the bin so no need to worry about that either. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask anytime