Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Homemade dugout?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by big J, Feb 9, 2010.

1. i was wondering if you can make a homemade dugout and how? it seems like i can think of a way to make one. maybe im just high :smoking:

2. Before I got mine I would just use a pill bottle

3. get a thin block of wood and it needs to be wide

drill out 2 holes for the size you need

4. thanks and what size do you recommend? also for the weed if i make a hole for it the size should be wider for it? cuz if put bud in it? or small nugs?

also, what should i do for to cover the holes? and any ideas on a small pipe that might fit or a make able one?

5. i use a small specimen jar to hold my bud. it works as a perfect dug out. its just as big as the one hitter and i just some ground bud in the bottom.

6. of course its possible lol i made one that fits inside of a cigarette box with covers on the holes and everything. very incognito.

*points to forehead* use your imagination man

• Like Like x 1
  7. 1. Piece of hardwood about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

2. Saw about 3/8" of the top off (for the lid)

3. Use a drill to hollow out an area for the weed. If you want a place for a bat then drill that hole on the other side. Leave some solid wood in the middle that is at least as wide as the lid to attach the lid to.

4. Attach the lid with a small wood screw (a wood screw is the kind with a flat conical head for countersinking flush and no threads on the top part of the screw...you can use any type of screw really, but if it's threaded all the way up the screw will get loose with use and you'll have to tighten it.) Hold the lid part against the body of the dugout and mark where the solid wood part is, then clamp or tape the lid part in place. Drill the appropriately sized pilot hole through the lid and the body. Use a larger bit to drill a countersink in the top so the screw is flush (this is not technically necessary but it will look better.) If the pilot hole is too small your wood will crack so make sure it's the right size for the screw you're using. Practice on scrap wood if you're not sure the right size. Screw the lid on and you will be able to pivot the lid open.

or...

Go to the headshop and buy one. They're cheap.

Those instructions might be a little opaque without pictures, but look at pictures of dugouts online and it should be obviously what I mean.

• Like Like x 1