Homemade CO2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by richirich_99, Jun 13, 2008.

1. So im thinking about trying one of the homemade co2 things made from a plastic bottle, yeast, sugar, and water...that way i can let the temps get up a lil higher and the plants will still grow good. any ideas? im also still working on the ventilation and getting a few more fans and that will help with the heat. right now my grow room is betweem84-88 89 or 90 at most usually, 90-94 with the door closed and lights now. with lights off it gets to about 74-78. what size fan would efficiently cool a 3x2x8 (LxWxH) from mid 80's or low 90'2 down to low 80's or high 70's? i got pics on my grow log too...any help?

2. I believe the generally accepted formula for ventilation is CuFt*12 = CFM

In other words, you have a total of 48 CuFt, so you need about 576 CFM of ventilation.

This formula generally over compensates, so anything above 500CFM should be good, and will keep the room at the ambient temperatures in your house.

One 6 Inch fan offers about 250CFM of ventilation. Consider getting two and you should be able to control temps without any problems.

3. hey thank liermam, that equation really helps me figure out what i should get. Anyone got any input or thoughts or info on the co2 idea, and how well will it work?

4. any thoughts on the co2.....anyone? also what temps can it get up to and still grow without any harm using co2?

5. free co2
    blow on each plant for 5-10 mins everyday you emit 3% Co2 with every exhale