Homemade Cabinet 2nd Round

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Obamascookies, Jan 4, 2016.

1. So round was an okay start, learned a few things, changed a few and some more to come! Put in another Platinum P150 and took out the LED grow strips for now, going to start these two Girl Scout cookies bag seeds I just got along with an auto strain I believe it is Tangie? Anyhow going to put them in the dirt as I don't have a heating pad and anywhere dark will be too cold this time of year so the only warm place will be in the cabinet with the lights on. Right now after 10 minutes of putting the 2nd light in already 88 degrees so curious to see where it tops out out so I know what I'll be dealing with come flowering time! I have both lights with both veg & flowering lights to test the temps right now. My exhaust fan is super low as to see what kind of from I have to play with. Will let the cab sit for an hour or two to see the topped out temps

• Like Like x 2
  2. Here's the lighting now..... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451873372.210014.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451873400.609453.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. can't wait to see the finish product from this grow! Good luck man!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm in

• Like Like x 1
  5. So temps hit 97 with full spectrum on Both lights, 88 with only the veg lights on. Didn't start the Tangie yet. Put in a Reg strawberry GDP. Still want to figure out this situation a little bit more before using my paid seeds. Covered the cups with baggies to seal a little moisture in. Let's get growing! Thanks for joining and Happy New Years to everyone! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451887449.832963.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451887467.269926.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451887482.819962.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. What's the RH% in the box right now? Also, try the box with just the flower on so you can get an idea of what flower will be like.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh, and also maybe just leave one of the lights on 24/0 until they're sprouted and a bit bigger, just because I don't think they'll be able to use all of the 300w just yet, and 150w should be more than adequate. Also it should bring down you're temps a fair bit until you start vegging.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The temps actually been steady at 84 all day. When I flower I want to use both/full spectrum so that's why I haven't ran the flower lights alone. I will test it out next time I open the cabinet again! The RH is low steadily at 25%, once they sprout I'll get the cabinets RH up to something more comfortable for the plants.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Great work on that first grow, Obama. Can't wait to see what your second try gives you. Good luck!

I'm on my second grow myself. First one was with some mystery dirt that was in the basement. Second one is with MiracleGro Potting Mix. Yeah, I know, I've read around and see that some MiracleGro is only good for say early Veg or something? I bought it towards the failure of my first grow, so it's all I have for now.

I'm learning with what I got, and I hope to take it more seriously when it comes to the soil. Just living in a small town, not much to choose from. Course I could always go straight for Amazon next grow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks Ron! Yeah my cousin used MiracleGro as well, got a little burn but ended up ok. Yeah we learn as we grow, good luck to us both!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Did you try a bigger intake hole? How many degrees does the cab drop as you turn your fan higher?

12. No I haven't made a bigger hole but am thinking that's the ticket.....turn up the fan then too much airflow and loud! Bigger hole less airflow but more air. That's my thought at least!?

13. Well took a look in my cab this morning to find two seeds have broke ground! My darker GSC & Strawberry GDP, would be lovely to have two ladies!

grrrrr can't upload pictures through app or website?

Will try later later.....bummer

14. I've been hearing you gotta get tapatalk or go online to post pics. Kinda sucks but at least we got the growing sections back

15. I had to download the app... I just searched grasscity in the play store and this showed up and pics work

16. everything was screwy on forum for me yesterday, I had two long posts that I lost because they kept failing to connect when posting, but I had no issues reading new stuff in the threads, just couldn't post

17. So here were the pics of my two that sprouted.....[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So this sucks new Grasscity app and I have to use this tapatalk app instead? Such a bummer!

Sent from obamascookies iPhone
    But it worked....

18. #18 microryder, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
    Looking good man, once again im a few days ahead on yours lol but only by like 2 or 3 days ha. Looking good man! Should be fun

19. Woohoo can't wait to see them when they're big and covered in trichs man :D

20. Nice, let's hope for another fun grow!