Homemade bongs/pipes

Discussion in 'General' started by Hallucinogen, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Just be creative man. I've made so many hommade bongs with stuff just lying around me.

Here's one me and some friends made late last night using a gatorade bottle, lightsabor, and a left over roor stem from my broken roor(rip).
    I present to you, Light Hazer:

[​IMG]

2. that is one of the best things ive seen
    my dad, whose a doctor gave me this fake skull for whatever reason, and me being me i turned it into a bong. i didnt really need to do nything to it
    ill post a picture. its real fucked up but you feel like a badass smoking it

3. ...I think I head about you on the news...:eek:

j/k lol, doubt that was you. :p

4. i heard about that too. that was some messed up kids who dug up a real skull and used it

5. #25 JJay978, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008
    LMAO. i never thought about that. i have asthma and have a bunch of those lying around.:hello:

EDIT: just tried it, works perfectly. lol. im baked.!!!

6. #26 ZONAR, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2008
    For D.I.Y. Bong hardware common lamp parts are great

[​IMG]

Lamp Stems come in a varity of lengths from 3/4 inch up to 3 feet.Using a female threaded coupler (on the left) any common bowl will fit both lamp parts & common bowls are 1/8 inch I.P.S.(Iron Pipe Standard)
    All these bowls are 1/8'' thread

[​IMG]

To improvise a bowl a 1/4-20 stainless steel or zinc nut will thread on to the lamp stem about 1 1/2- 2 threads & stop. Here a few examples I made using plastic mini J.D. bottles,lamp stem & 1/4 -20 Nut
    Jack Daniels pipe & mini Bong

[​IMG]

To seal I use Lexel sealant it comes in 5oz. squeeze tubes. If no store bought sealant is available. I have used candles to seal.Light a candle & drip hot wax over the joint to be sealed. That has your D.I.Y. lesson of the day. Now go :bongin:

7. #27 super.foxy, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
    Well I'm actually pretty new to smoking in general but have always loved making things. Since starting last year I've made quite a few homemade pipes; below are my favorites and most successful. So I'm posting these as inspriation to others to make more randomly awesome creations out of things just laying around the house.

Almost all my pipes use the same type of parts; at my local hed shop I bought a long and short metal slide that screws into a metal bowl; and I've found online they make a bowl that turns the same thing into a vap pipe. There are also small rubber grommets that make really nice seals around it that make them up to and better then professional pipes in the way of hits and such. All told I spent 6$ on all the parts; so I would highly recommend investing in a set; nothing like making any kind of piece you want out of trash!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Name: Sir Badasskillington III Type: basic faceblasting steamroller

This is a great pipe and the first one I made. It is a basic steamroller but it's increase in size over many smaller steamrollers means a much larger hit that smashes your face because you cannot see it coming as the tube is opaque; I used a small seal of caulk on the edge for a comfort seal tight grip. Decorations are there just for the fun of it

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Name: Double Bubble Type: Super smooth double chambered bubbler
    Well this pipe is obvious, but how it's made was rather fun; I used a small blowtorch to melt the side of a vitamin water bottle (one of my favorite materials, it's thick so it doesn't collapse in negative pressure) the second chamber is made out of a Carbon Dioxide airlock designed for brewing (my other hobby). I sealed the massive hole in the side using plastic wrap and electrical tape. All in all it fits alot of ice, and so it is a SUUUPER smooth and soft hit but is very effective.

[​IMG][​IMG]

NAME: The Hindenberg Type: random creation made while under the influence
    Basically this is a bubbling steam roller made from another vitamin water bottle and a spice shaker; holes cut with box cutter and the screw cap has since been glued in now with epoxy for easy removal/refilling. this spice container is great because it has just enough room for 2 ice cubes; so it's the massive release of a steamroller with the super smooth smoke of a ice bubbler. I have also added a small LED light as you can see in the second shot; this was actually a tobacco hit with the pipe (yeah I'm screwy like that try from time to time nothing like good old nic' buzz)

[​IMG]

NAME: Gookah Type: Ghetto-Hookah
    Well this is made from a spaghetti sauce jar, the long slide and a pen tube connected to some plastic tubing; also in the top of the jar is a carb; I built this piece cuz i like large water, smooth hitting pipes but hate having to balance them on my knee. so i got lazy and built an extension; this is a pretty fun pipe all in all. Great hit and smooth action.

[​IMG]

NAME: Bright Idea Type: ooookay vap
    Well this is a standard vap pipe made from a hollowed out light blub a pen tube and a rubber cooshy grip taken from the bottom half of the broken CO2 valve from the double bubble pipe. all in all not bad; a bit hard to use; can't really use in a circle due to the problem with glass heating. You can find all sorts of tutorials online to make these.

8. a simple ass one that no one uses is to take everything out of a highliter including the bottom cap and ink and shit.then take a socket thats big enough that it will airtight in the bottom of the higlighter. then u can pack ur shit in there and inhale at the top where the marker was. another way would be to melt a hole in the highlighter and stick a pen cap in there either way dont forget to wash it out first. and sorry if any of that didnt make sense im baked:smoke:

9. aight man. here are some steps to make a simple affective design called the "parachute bong"

what you will need:
    1) a 2 liter soda bottle with cap
    2) a socket piece
    3) a bread bag
    4) some tape

the steps to the creation:
    1) cut the bottom of the bottle off with scissors
    2) put a hole in cap then put socket piece in hole
    4) tape bread bag to bottom of bottle so when you blow on the drinking part t the bag fills with air.

how to use
    1)shove bottom of bag INTO the bottle
    2)put on cap
    3)light bowl while pulling bag out.
    4)the inside of the bottle should get smoky then take off and and suck in.
    5) enjoy! :smoke:

10. I make little ONE HITTERS out of pencaps. What you do is you take the metal eraser holder thing off a pencil, take out the eraser, so you have just the little metal tube. Bite one end shut so there's a little cone/dome at the end. Then get a regular pen cap, and you jam the little bowl in it. Make sure it's in there tight It seems kinda shitty, but it really works.
    I roll joints with receipt paper cuz I'm too broke to buy zigs. Cut out squares with sides the lengths of the reciept width, and roll it like a zigzag. I use a little elmers glue and apply it a paperclip for a gum stip. Put some scotch tape on the end so it doesn't get soggy in circles.
    I sometimes use soda can pipes, which I'm sure the instructions are on this thread somewhere.
    I make soda bottle bongs, except I use a soda can instead of bottle. The chamber is smaller, but it's easier for me to make, cuz i carry razor blades so it's easy to cut a hole the stem, and it fucks up the hole with bottles.
    For a bowl for my bong, I alaws use a socket, but I here A bottle cap lined with foil and little pin holes poked in it works well, and doesn't need a screen.
    And I use a pebble for the screen.
    I also make apple pipes when I can.
    I once made a pipe out of one of those toy capsule containers from quarter machines by cutting a hole in the cover and side and putting a foil gum wrapper over the top hole with little holes poked in it. It kinda worked.
    Some of my friends have claimed me "marry Jane Macgyver" cuz I make my smoking supplies out of stuff I sometimes litterally find out of the trash.
    Sorry about the long post

11. #31 dragonpie47, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I never would have thoughT about rolling with a reciept

You are smart

12. My buddy made a bong out of a rum bottle, he used a diamond edge drillbit or something like that drilled a hole put the Down spout in it and it hits like a champ he's about to make a better one with a run and patron bottle put together

13. A mouthwash container makes a good bong. Burn a hole in the bottle near the bottom, put an empty pen in the hole and tape a socket(topper/bowl) onto the pen. Then burn a second hole to use as a shotgun.

14. Just a simple water bottle bong. Used a diffused downstem from a shitty china bong I had that broke. The bowl broke right after, so yes I'm using a little foil. Sue me

But its perfectly airtight and pulls like a motherfucker. No drag at all, I can usually clear it without pulling the bowl out.

Attached Files:

15. Triple perk, need I say more?

Attached Files:

16. HOLY BATMAN THREAD REVIVAL!!!!!
    9 years old LOL

17. Get a bottle a small piece of hose stick it in the bottle make it as airtight as possible the make an aluminum foil cone piece or

18. How do you guys find these threads?

19. And I'm sure this guy by now would look back on this thread and laugh while he hits the best homemade skull bong.