Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Homemade Bong ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zagubadu, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Not putting this in the piece section because this is more of a question.

I made this sick bong but until I can by a glass downstem its plastic as of now.

But I use a sneakatoke as a bowl. Its a wierd looking chillum if you have never heard of it.

That is attached to a short metal tube then the plastic tube.

Now its not melting or anything. But could the warmth of the smoke itself make the plastic release toxic inhalants?

I mean I can say for 100% that the smoke is not hot at all cooler in fact then if you were just hiting the sneakatoke, before hiting the tube.

Still paranoid won't toke out of it till I get insight. :eek:

I have plenty of other pieces but my bong broke a while back and nothing gets me baked like some bong rips.

2. nah man it won't put off any fumes but I wouldn't keep it long-term. don't use it more than about 3 times. it will get pretty nasty. just keep making new ones until you get some nice glass. stay high. :bongin:

3. Yea.

Nah its only short term

But I still like arguing points.

A lot of people (Like you) have said maybe multiple use could be bad.

But....

In actuality wouldn't it coat with resin, thus making it safer as now the plastic is covered and only thing getting hit with smoke is resin...

Just a thought.

4. When I made a light bulb vaporizer a million years ago, I used a pen as the "downstem" or whatever you wanna call it, and it got so hot in there (lightbulb) that it actually started curling. Not good, I can imagine. You'll have to do a risk assessment. Is it safe? If you're in doubt, it's probably not good for you.

I've been making a lot of downstems made of wood. Just drill through a little piece of wood. Works like a charm. I could show you a pic, if you'd like.

Good luck, brother,