Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Homemade Bong Bowl?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by meep92, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Hey Everyone! I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate of a pre-existing thread somewhere in the GC archives.
    I am getting kinda tired of smoking out of the same bowl everyday. My favorite way to smoke is using a bong, but as a poor college student, I can't really afford one right now...I want to try to make my own bong using a basic Gatorade bottle design.
    My question to my fellow tokers is: does anyone have a good idea of common household items that I can use as a downstem and bowl? :confused:

2. With my homemade experience, if you have a socket from a tool set, those work lovely for a bowl. My friend and I made one out of a smart water bottle two years ago. As for a downstem, maybe try attaching a hollowed out metal pen, or pencil. Hope that helps!

If you're willing to go without the "bong" experience, you could make an apple pipe. They look ridiculous, but are awesome! And all you need is an apple, and a knife to carve out the bowl and a pen to make a hole for the carb.

3. Thanks! I've used an apple a few times, but I really wanted to give the homemade bong idea a try. And my friends used a socket for the bowl of their g-bong, but unfortunately, I don't have a socket lying around the apartment