Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Homemade Bong Advice

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by sanseven, Jan 12, 2009.

1. So this was my first real attempt at making a homemade bong that could hit i used the following materials:
    PVC PIPE
    Plastic Tubing
    Plumbers Puddy
    Valve
    We started by drilling a hole in the pvc then slowly making the hole bigger so that we co uld fit the metal valve into the hole. We originally were hoping that it would slide in but we could not get the right angle. That is when we decided to use epoxy putty the kind specifically made for plumbing. So we wrapped the metal bowl with the putty and then slowly pushed it into the whole so that none of the metal bowl was directly making contact with the pvc. We then were finished with the project but once we had put water into the bong we noticed that the cap started leaking. Since we were stupid we fillied the crack of the cap with super glue. Now my main concern is how toxic this bong could eventually be? We made this while we were high and had no worry about the toxicity of the materials. After further research I hear that pvc can let off some carcinogens does it sound like I should just restart on this bong?

Attached Files:

2. I would recommend that you do not smoke out of pvc. It releases toxins and carcinogens when heated and can be very dangerous to your health. About the super glue, toxic chemicals will be releases when heated if its not under the water. But since your putting water in the bong, I wouldn't worry about the super glue being heated and releasing chemicals.

I would suggest creating a new bong using different materials to make it safer for your health.

3. yea pvc releases toxins when smoked. thats a pretty cool bong though.i actually have seen glue melt if its attached to the bowl. you can buy a stem and bowl for under $10