Homemade Aeroponic Cloner

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Cannabis Kate, May 30, 2010.

1. So instead of spending $300 on a cloning system, I made a ghetto one :D Here are step by step instructions of what I did...

What you will need:
    Marker (sharpie)
    5 gallon bucket with lid
    Drill
    2" hole saw bit
    Sharp knife or dremmel (rotary) tool
    1/2" flexable hose/poly pipe (at least 2ft)
    2-1/2" Tees
    4-6 180* cloner sprayer nozzels
    2 small water pumps
    An air pump with hose & stone
    2" net pots with the nets cut off
    2" neoprenes (you can get these at your local hydroponics store)

**Optional for Check Valve**
    3/4" paddle bit
    1/2 in. elbow
    1/2 in. Clear hose (at least 10 inches long)
    3/4" x 1/2" grommet

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Step 1: Trace holes in the lid for the net pots. There is room for 15 of the 2 inch sites on a standard 5 gallon bucket lid. My cloner only has 13 sites, which is plenty for me.

Step 2: Use 2" hole saw to drill your holes in the lid. Clean up the holes using a sharp knife or rotary tool. This is important because you don't want any plastic debris clogging up pumps or sprayer heads.

Step 3: Using the 2 Tees and the poly pipe, form a ring to fit the inside diameter of the bucket. Position the Tees so they are across from each other and the open side is pointed down (toward the pumps).

Step 4: Poke holes around the ring for your sprayer nozzles (space them evenly). Twist in nozzle heads.

Step 5: Connect to pumps.

Step 6: Test it out. Make sure your sprayers have good coverage. Add more heads if necessary but only 1 at a time.

Step 7: Place net pots in their sites with neoprenes (I cut off the nets so that the roots don't get tangled and for better exposure to the droplets).

Step 8: Put the air stone on the hose and into the bucket (leave enough length on the air hose to reach the bottom of the bucket).

Step 9: Feed air hose and pump cords through sites with neoprenes so they don't leak.

Step 10: Plug in and ROOT!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

**Optional Check Valve**:

Step 1: Using the 3/4" paddle bit, drill a hole near the bottom of the bucket. Clean shavings from around hole with a knife or rotary tool. Step 2: Insert grommet.

Step 3: Lube the elbow with water and shove into grommet.

Step 4: Add clear hose to elbow.

Now you can check your water levels without removing the lid.:D

2. Nice,Ima have to try this out.

3. Thanks, it works GREAT for me:D