Homemade: 5'4" Glass Bong with Perc (vid)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Squigg, Aug 1, 2009.

1. #1 Squigg, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US-229eC0QQ"]YouTube - 5'4" Waterpipe (Homemade)[/ame]

(Thats not me in the video btw, thats my friend, call him J if you want, sitting on an 18" subwoofer in a home made 3/4" MDF enclosure, yes we are aware he didn't clear it, and yes that IS stale smoke in there, get off my back.)

Alright.

I guess I'll sort of tell you the story on this.

I've got this friend, lets call him R, who is one of the most creative / ingenious people I've ever met. He makes things when he's high, wonderful things.

About 6 months ago he found one of those 4ft plastic tubes that go over fluorescent light tubes for shipping / packaging / whatever. He somehow made a feasible stopper by wrapping duct-tape around a length of air hose until it was as big as the tube.

It worked beautifully, we had a brass fitting as the bowl, with a screen and everything, the bowl was just big enough for probably .05-.1g, or 1 hitters. It got you RIPPED.

Then we figured out how bad it was to smoke out of a plastic tube with a rubber air hose and brass fittings. So we brainstormed.

At the local headshop they sell BIG glass tubes (like the one in the video, for instance) for $30 bucks. We thought long and hard about how we could make it so it was safe to smoke out of. This took a lot of research by me on metals that were safe to smoke out of (pretty much anything but stainless steel is shit) and how we could get it all to go together.

We went out and bought the glass tube, R set up his simple duct tape gasket thing on a stainless steel drinking water flexible hose, and we jammed it into the glass. We put a screen in the female end of the stainless steel hose and tried it out. Worked beautifully. As far as a carb goes, we just stick our thumbs over the bowl, basically like you're smoking pipe tobacco, but out of a 5'4" Glass Bong, and its weed. It gets you so ripped so quickly its not even funny, its better than a sobe waterfall bong or grav-bong at conserving weed.

But in the end, R wasn't satisfied with his contraption. I had to take a 3 month break from smoking, due to probation, and I came back just a few short weeks ago. The first thing I hit was this bong, unaware of the new changes done to it.

As it sits now, somehow R was able to fashion a percolator out of what looks like to me (upon very close inspection) a pill bottle, which fits perfectly in the tube, with a little room to spare, which has an inside diameter of about 1.75".

This bong is probably one of the greatest stoner ingenuities I've ever seen. Sure it cost almost as much as a manufactured bong to make ~$50 but its fucking huge, and hits smooth, yet hard as a Mack Truck. It gets you so high its unimaginable.

Plus the satisfaction when you see a huge cloud of smoke coming up the tube towards your face is always fun.

I just thought I should share with you guys.

Hopefully when we get a better camera we can take a good video of milk + clearing + a full inspection. Might be sooner than later, but I don't know.

2. thats fuckin crazy dude

3. very awesome, i love makin homemades... waht did you use for the bowl?