Homeless

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MilkyLumpkinz, Jan 28, 2013.

1. I'll just start scheming get some financial aid for being a full time student get the money and run what's credit if your homeless

2. Check it, I grew up a fuckin screw-up
    Got introduced to the game, got a ounce and fuckin blew up
    Choppin rocks overnight
    The niqqa [ MilkyLumpkinz ] tryin to turn into the [ Insert Race ] Frank White

3. If I was gonna be homeless I'd go straight to Colorado.

4. Stress is no laughing matter. it can kill you.

It disables crucial parts of the brain, clouding judgement, and making your motor skills reduce in efficiency. It makes you drop things and slows your reaction time.

And that's not even the worst part. It can cause severe damage to the brain and lungs, as well as cause strokes and heart attacks, regardless of age or health.

That's why you dont find anything if you search your house like a frantic tweeker. :D

Flying the coop can be the best decision one can make. Ignore the "life is hard on the streets" bullshit. people that claim that are just stupid losers with a defeatist attitude.

5. Have you been homeless ? Living in 10 degress with nowhere to go, no food is alot more stressful

6. Lol you've never been homeless. Try it I dare you. There is a reason for my avi.

7. Dude, life is hard on the streets. It's not something you just up and decide to do. And it's definitely not something you just decide to stop doing once you're tired of it.

The people who claim that being homeless is hard aren't stupid losers with defeatist attitudes; oftentimes they're people who've experienced homelessness first hand and bounced back from it. That includes some people in this thread, and I applaud them for overcoming it.

8. This.

OP, we're not talking about not having a fucking working laptop here. Basic shelter and food are being provided to you. While it may come with a healthy helping of stress as well, I strongly advise you to look for every alternative (including living with grandparents) before living on the streets in in shelters.

TAKE ADVANTAGE of these options while they are still available to you. Those in shelters or homeless would give anything to have that choice.

9. #29 smokehound, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
    Just get a shitty job and live in a motel..

Being homeless doesnt mean living on the streets.

:/

EDIT: One more thing. There are programs for homeless people that can give you housing.

My best friend is actually in a REALLY nice apartment now. Its not like the fucking movies, and tv goddamnit. There are alot of misconceptions about being "homeless", thanks to the media.

if you're smart, its not really that bad. it doesnt mean you're gonna sleep on a bus bench in 10 degree weather.

10. i was kicked out and was forced to be homeless
    arguing, accusing, violence, yelling, drugs, strict rules and not the best food are part of the shelter cycle
    i went to 4 shelters in total returning to a couple of them a few times.
    could you possibly sleep on the street? cause if your at a shelter you have to either get money support or a job and also be looking for a place to live besides a shelter
    i failed on getting a job and i got kicked out of the shelter. slept under trees and what not for a few weeks.
    around a year and a half i got my first basement apartment and now im in a complex house with my girl that i met on the homeless trip and a buddy smoking bomb chronic like id always dreamed of doing

11. A beacon of light in a dark thread.

12. #32 StuGrimson23, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
    You should think about what else happens to homeless women.

"In another study, 13% of homeless women reported having been raped in the past 12 months and half of these were raped at least twice (Wenzel, et al., 2000). In yet another study, 9% of homeless women reported at least one experience of sexual victimization in the last month (Wenzel, Koegel & Gelberg, 2000). Women who do not have children with them are at particularly high risk for sexual violence after the age of 18 (Zugazaga, 2004), in part because they are more likely to sleep outside than are women with children, who might fear for their children's well being or worry about the intervention of child protective services. Also disturbing is the finding that compared to their low-income housed counterparts, the sexual assault experiences of homeless women are more likely to be violent, and to include multiple sexual acts (Stermac & Paradis, 2001)."

Taken form this article VAWnet.org and you might want to check out a few other things on that site:
    No Safe Place: Sexual Assault in the Lives of Homeless Women

13. You could always pretend to be an addict and live in a sober living home. :D

My mom's friend did that.

EDIT: LMFAO, these replies are hilarious.

People who claim these things dont know the reality.. lmao

14. I take that as a no you havent been homeless. If she want to be home less in Wiscsion more luck to her but it aint no cake walk or as easy as you are saying at all. I've been homeless twice for total of 15 days. Hbu?

15. In a way being homeless is very freeing. You dont have to worry about bills or getting a job. All you gotta worry about is protecting yourself and surviving

16. lol. Im not saying its easy. You're twisting my words.

Though i can see why it was difficult for you with that habit. :rolleyes:

17. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles right now OP. You're a cool poster so this sucks.

Try to find any alternative that you can to being homeless. I know it's tough but being homeless is much more tough. I work with the homeless and the stories I hear daily are heartbreaking.

18. If i were gonna be homeless i would live in a big tent in the woods. I would hunt small game with a pellet rifle and cook it over a fire. I would also grow vegetables and weed. Then i would sell the weed and buy supplies to built myself a better shelter with solar panels

19. If it were only that eZ how do u think she's gonna buy all that with a 50$ guitar

20. If you're starving, you can make a lizard noose out of wild oats. :D