Homegrown Marijuana under prop. 19?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by sully54321, Aug 26, 2010.

1. What are the laws regarding homegrown marijuana under prop 19?

2. I think that it's something like you're allowed a 25 square feet grow op inside your house and anything larger needs to get approved for intent to sell or something like that. I'm pretty sure about the 25 square feet part.

3. (ii) Cultivate, on private property by the owner, lawful occupant, or other lawful resident or guest of the private property owner or lawful occupant, cannabis plants for personal consumption only, in an area of not more than twenty-five square feet per private residence or, in the absence of any residence, the parcel. Cultivation on leased or rented property may be subject to approval from the owner of the property. Provided that, nothing in this section shall permit unlawful or unlicensed cultivation of cannabis on any public lands.

It can be outdoors also,and you can bet that it will require privacy fencing in cities and towns as per any regulations the cities want to implement.
    Read it here with a layman's terms interpretation included.

California's Prop 19: A word-for-word analysis

4. When 19 passes, I won't buy, I'm going to Cultivate. It will be potent, free of any chemicals and I'll have good quality control. No need to buy, 25 sq feet is plenty of room for female plants.

Hope Arnold signs it into law before he leaves office.

5. If Arnold doesn't sign that, he's a hypocrite.

6. pretty sure a voter initiative requires no signature, if it does you can forget it though, jerry brown and meg whitman are both against p19

7. It does not have to be signed. It is a ballot issue,not a legislative one. Arnold has to sign off on legislation but a ballot is a decision by the people,regardless of what legislators
    want.

8. Though, just for the people who don't know, that 25sq ft is per residence, not per resident. So if there's a few people in the house and they all feel like growing, they all share that same space.

9. I can grow many pounds per year in a 5x5 space. Plenty of room even for a large family of tokers.

10. I'm not so sure Jerry or Meg (especially Meg) would have a problem with it. Remember, it's election year and a lot of the politicians are placing bets on which stance to take to get the most votes. I haven't seen either one campaigning on "I will stop the legalization of marijuana".

11. They are not campaigning on it but they've both said they are against it.

12. I want to say this: We can not vote for Whitman. Please join me in voting for Jerry B this November. Please. She is the most fake person I have ever seen, flip-floppin harder than Kerry. Two-faced, literally. It's a scary close race. California raise up!

I'm voting for Prop 19, but as it stands now, there are four medical cannabis growers in this residence. We have roughly 21 plants altogether, with the hazy limit of 6 mature plants each, but I feel like they are taking up more than 25 sq ft. I can't really tell, but I personally won't change my grow setup regardless...
    :smoking::D:wave:

13. Hell arnold will probably sign it just to have his name on it :smoking:

14. :confused: :confused: :confused:

hellllooooo.

no siggy required

15. You won't have to change as Prop 19 WILL NOT effect medical growers.

You will still be able to grow the same amount as you are now.

16. I know, i was just saying he would sign it to just openly show his support on the subject. it was supposed to be a joke.

17. This. A lot of people don't understand this, and it's causing some real damage. Many fear-mongering dispensary owners, afraid of more competition and losing profit, are putting out a lot of myths.

Prop 19 does not so much as TOUCH medical marijuana weight/amount allowances, so we can put that fear to bed right now. If you're a patient, everything is exactly the same for you.

I think we should also point out that you can keep the entire harvest from your 25 square foot garden on the residence it was grown at, as long as you don't take more than ounce out into public at one time. If you've built up 5-10 pounds of the stuff after year-long growing in that space, it's fine just mellowing in your freezer or something. Just don't try to sell it, as you'll need a business license to do so .... the same way you can't run a bar out of your living room. :)