Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Homeade Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Brumac, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Anyone try this before? This looked interesting, thought I'd share.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmixODIvAtM&NR=1"]YouTube - How To Make A Homemade Lightbulb Vaporizer Free! [HD][/ame]

2. I've HEARD that the lightbulb vaps tend to burn out pretty quick. its really ingenious though i agree

3. It's seriously that easy to make?! :D

4. lighthbulb vapes don't work very well at all compared to even the cheapest retail vaporizers.

5. They kick ass dude, i get baked as hell off mine....but i've gone through like 10 lightbulbs cause they keep breaking. Just dont' heat it too much and give it a break in between hits.

6. #6 SIRSOG, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2010
    just prepared my light bulb haha, found a clear one here at the office, getting the ceramic shit out was defs harder than it looks hahahahah. but i need a bottle cap and a tube/straw now damnit

EDIT: this fucking water bottle cap is too small wtf
    I added a longer/lower tube for exhaust, makes sure you can get all the vapor quickly, and also makes one hit so extreme

View attachment 2010-03-24 11.57.29.jpg

7. Lightbulb vaporizers work. You just have to make sure you make it and use it properly. I always use my lighbulb vape. It is so worth it. You save money and you get so much more high. I have a tolerance and I can get stoned off less than .5 grams

Heres some tips on using and making it
    1. On the metal part of the lightbulb where the threads are that screw the bottle cap on, wrap some electrical tape around it, so the bottle cap can twist on more snug. (the point is to make it as air tight as possible)

2. Assemble everything as you would if you were about to use it. Blow into the tube. If you can blow air into the bulb, then it is not airtight and you need to find the source of the air leakage, and cover it with some tape. Once you can no longer blow into the bulb, it is ready to be used.

3. When you are lighting the bulb, make sure you cover the tube (and choke if you poked another hole in the cap) or else the vapor will just escape. Also, do not hold the bulb directly over the flame, the amount of space between the bulb and flame should be about an inch. If the flame is a very tall flame, hold it from 1.5 to 2 inches above the flame, as more heat is given off.

4. Use a candle that can produce a tall, steady flame. If the flame bounces around, it will not distribute heat very well inside the bulb. If the flame is too small, the bulb will not get hot enough for the weed to vaporize

5. The weed inside the bulb should be well grinded up and shaken around occasionally as you vaporize it to distribute heat evenly, or else the weed will eventually ignite and catch fire and burn your lungs. :eek:

6. The weed should always come out of the vaporizer either dark brown or black. If you end up with lots of brown weed, you can smoke it out of a bong, because it still has some THC left in it.

This is how I get the most out of my bulb vape. It is small, easy to hide, and it works better than a bong.

ENJOY:cool: