Home made thc oil for vape pens

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by Conjeff, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Hi everyone hope someone can help me out here

Want to make some thc oil with vegetable glycerine for my vape pen. Going to try this method but make use more bud to make a stronger batch.

In this video the bud is soaked in veg glycerine and put in a pyrex dish in a oil bath at 105 c.

Was just wondering would it be possible to use a water bath (max temp 100 c) or does it need to reach 105 c??

Any help would be much appreciated thanks!

2. VG is a piss poor solvent for this and PG or PEG200 is a much better choice but is more harsh.
    Can just torch it in a metal container like a cap from a paint thinner can.
    I formed a wire handle and it worked just fine. You only need to make a tablespoon of the stuff as any more is a waste of materials and if it's a fail it's lots of lost material.
    [​IMG]
    Under most child proof plastic caps is a real metal cap and it can be pried loose from the plastic part.
    [​IMG]
    Or a set of Stainless Steel measuring spoons works fine too.
    A concentrate like Hash, Kief, Wax, Shatter or the like works best for this.

[​IMG]
    BNW

3. The best method I've found so far is to use ethanol extraction to take the thc out of your buds. Then put that extraction through a short path distillation to isolate the thc and terpenes(do this two or three times for purity). Then take your isolated thc and mix that with about 8% terpenes and 15% MCT oil.

4. Thanks for the reply man. My buddy was also telling me to use ethanol extraction. Ill have a look at how this method works and see what ethanol I will need to get.

Why do you at MCT as opposed to VG or PG?