home made pollen press (hash maker)

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by krankmachtreich, Feb 24, 2011.

1. #1 krankmachtreich, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2011
    I have a kief catch grinder, it's really nice, but I'm tired of making low quality hash with my oodles and oodles of beautiful trichomes. I have yet to find a good source for a pollen press or be able to afford one. Therefore I have decided to attempt creating one with some simple house hold items. I hope you all will join me in this adventure (I'll post pictures) and help with any comments or criticism you may have.

Currently it consists of a small screw top metal container, filled with dimes (between which is magazine paper filled with kief).

thanks,

2. Many people use this clay extruder with great success and it's really cheap. Walmart might have them too.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Makin-27s-Professional-Ultimate-Clay-Extruder/dp/B0018BOXWQ"]Amazon.com: Makin's Professional Ultimate Clay Extruder: Office Products[/ame]

Attached Files:

3. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/CRUSHER-QUALITY-ALUMINUM-TOBACCO-only/dp/B000MFIW12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298533958&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: BRAND New SHARP CRUSHER 5 Pcs CNC SPACE QUALITY ALUMINUM SPICE TOBACCO Pollen Herb Press only: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

$6 for a pollen press.

4. It would end up being 12 after shipping but I payed 10 for one on ebay..works perfectly. In all honesty, kief disks are definitely not the best way to use kief after having made some myself. It's much more effective to either make some QWISO with it or just use it on bowls. lol Oh and heating the pollen press up to make "hash" makes zero sense because you cant make kief stronger just from pushing it together.( In case thats what you were thinking)

5. I only have cash. No debit/credit cards and no way to prove I'm over 18 (fuck the DMV)

6. Also I hate giving away personal info on sites such as amazon (IT'S A TRAP!)

7. these are the materials i am using for my press. 1-2: a screw top metal container. 3: a small section of magazine paper containing kief. 4: a socket wrench piece. 5: a fuck ton of dimes

Attached Files:

8. Now for the steps involved (not many). 1st You place in 3 dimes at the bottom. 2nd You place in the socket wrench piece (merely a spacer, if you are rich enough to use all dimes feel free it may even work better). 3rd Put the magazine wrapped kief on a dime or two and place it ontop of the socket piece. 4th Add as many dimes as it takes to get half way up the threads. 5th Now put the cap on and twist (hard!) if the caps goes on most of the way you should take it off and add another dime or two until it only is half on.

Attached Files:

9. its sad that no one saw this invention

10. lol howd it work bro?

11. amazing!!! i am so fucking lit!

12. Haha lulz. Amazon is an extremely reputable site, no worries about them having my personal info. Online shopping beats going to a store any day.