Home-made Nft balcony hydro system

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by aceer15, Aug 16, 2012.

1. [quote name='"sleepy96"']

In one of your pics there is a sign that says
    "MISSION
    Funeral Home"

lol I was just wondering what its like and I figured it was your home since you had the garden.[/quote]

Nah it's my buddies balcony, I didnt even know he lived next to one lol

2. doesnt matter if theyre determinate or indeterminate, pulling off the suckers (thats what theyre called, cause the suck the nutrition away from the fruit), will help get more fruit, and larger fruit.

believe me when i say it works, because in my garden i had all the old people jealous. it was hilarious because they all thought since im only 20 that id get bored with it and grow fuck all, then i outdid everybody elses garden.

3. I originally thought that too, but just saw some youtube vid that said only the indeterminates made a difference - some commercial growers greenhouse though so not too surprising if they didnt know fuck all

4. [quote name='"oceansgreen"']I originally thought that too, but just saw some youtube vid that said only the indeterminates made a difference - some commercial growers greenhouse though so not too surprising if they didnt know fuck all[/quote]

Intermediates? Forgive me guys, this is my first grow

Heat got up to 110, for a week straight, killed all the veggies.

5. indeterminate ones are the tomatoes that keep growing and growing if the conditions are right (ie right season) and the determinates only ever get to be a certain hieght and stop growing

6. [quote name='"oceansgreen"']indeterminate ones are the tomatoes that keep growing and growing if the conditions are right (ie right season) and the determinates only ever get to be a certain hieght and stop growing[/quote]

Makes perfect sense now, thanks for the wisdom!