Home-made ice-catcher alternatives?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by abilities, Nov 14, 2009.

1. well, watch this video if you don't want to read the nxt paragraph.

wanna make an ice catcher for my bong (couldnt afford one with an ice catcher). as said video shows, you can make one by sticking skewers into a cork and the cork holds the ice up.

anybody have any creative brilliant ideas for alternatives of a cork and/or bamboo skewers? because currently i have neither.

i know im a lazy bastard but i really dont wanna go buy a cork, and dont have any just lying around. just seeing if gc has anything to offer on the topic :smoking:

2. put the ice in the water

3. runs the risk of breaking the downstem on certain pieces

replace the cork with an eraser?

4. where is the video?

5. Only if you drop the ice cubes in. Tilt the bong horizontally and gently slide ice cubes in. Then fill with water.

6. This..

7. Or take the slide out first. And ice pinchs don't cost much more man, you just got to find the right peice. I know Maine where I live peices aren't the cheapest and i still can get a delta nine that 5mm and 18 inches or so with ice ppinches for 160. And if you find a no name brand you can find them much cheaper.

8. China is awsome...:rolleyes::eek:

9. For someone who has just joined this site you my friend I have respect for everyone else that has just joined would be like show me how to make one with out even hitting the search bottom first. but then again this kid might be going for something small, oh wait dont they make these little glass pipes called chillums or bats or even spoons. I dont know i could be wrong I am kinda new to this. hahaha

10. I think I might be picking up on a little sarcasm there and I'm unsure how to respond to this... I was merely remarking on cheap china glass being in the category of no name brands... If you have legitimate respect for me despite my being new here I must say you've earned it back.

11. ya all ready for this, get yourself some magnets, not to strong but still powerfull, throw some of them on the inside and then put some on the outside to hold it there. You could make little zleves for the mags or something so they don't scratch anything. Never tried this but it could work right?

12. Find something that you can slide down your tube. I had an old pill bottle and I just punched a bunch of moderate sized holes in the bottom and dropped it in there, it holds the ice up and does not create drag.