Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Home made bongs (ftw)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Valcurium, Jan 4, 2012.

1. So today I made my first legit, glass bong today (feeling very accomplished)

anybody have any good stories involving/examples of bongs they made?

DIY is FTW :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. That thing's sick!

3. That's pretty cool. How did you put the hole in for the stem?

4. That is gorgeous.

5. Nice Jimi Hendrix box...

6. haha, thanks for noticing the jimi box, good eye! I used a rottery* tool with a stone bit at the end to drill into the glass

7. My problem with making bongs is that I couldn't find acryllic anywhere and every time I tried to do glass I couldn't find a drill bit, and I don't own a dremel, and I thought a dremel would help

8. dremels are just more expensive rottery tools, go down to your local hardware store and ask for a cheap rottery tool with a stone or diamond bit, then just get any piece of glassware you want to make into a bong. Drill the glass with water running over it and dont apply too-too much pressure (it takes a few minutes but it's def worth it). Also always wear eye protection and a mask so you dont breathe in the glass dust (that shit is no bueno)

9. Cool man, I have all these thick glass beer bottles that are all different shapes because my parents have been bartenders for a while, so this is great.

10. thats sick! deff bongify those bro

11. Pretty awesome! I made my first piece in mid December. Its made out of a metal bottle (a thinq "healthy energy drink" bottle. Very thick and sturdy aluminum). Used my dads drill press to get the perfect sized hole in the side then put a piece of medical tube in it to hit out of. Through the top was another piece of medical tube that coiled along the inside and I had cut holes in it to work like a diffuser. The bowl I used was actually a water hose nossel that tapered (kinda like the ones you get with the water balloon packs, but this goes on a hose to use like a pressure washer. It was also made of metal not plastic). Put a screen at the bottom and the bowl was ready. Drilled a hole in the cap and put the medical tube through it then placed the cap back on to create a seal. Fill it up with water just short of the hole in the side and hits like a charm. I'll have to get some pics uploaded for yall
    :smoke:

12. damn that sounds bomb, I'd love to see a pic of that thing!

13. man that thing looks badass and sturdy as hell. wish i could test rip it for ya

14. Very nice

I made a waterfall bong out of a 1/2 gallon jack daniels bottle once. Had a glass bowl going threw the screw on metal cap and drilled a 3/8" hole at the bottom of the bottle

I agree. DiY ftmfw

15. no offense but I wouldn't personally smoke out of an aluminum piece.

16. Aluminum foil and basic malleable aluminum is bad, however anodized aluminum doesn't flake off at standard temperatures for a bic lighter.

17. I am gonna be making a coconut bong soon and when I do I will definitely post some pictures. Cocunut flavored bong rips ... I think so

18. I've only ever made them out of bottles or bamboo. There use to be this field of bamboo in my neighborhood and I've cut down a few of them to carve my own. Carved around the insides drilled a hole broke a pen down and used the end of a cable wire for bowls(I never used foil for anything). 1 hitters but they were awesome... always felt fresher out of bamboo.

Your bong looks badass. I can't comprehend your stem but it looks damn amazing.

19. Me and my buddy take glass bottles, drill a hole with a diamond bit, the. Take boro tubing that will fit a 9mm slide, flare out one end, and make that the stem. We secure it with a special grommet. There badass. This one is a highlife bottle sense were from milwaukee

Attached Files:

20. That's sick. I would buy that bong at the local burn shop.