Home Grown vs Purchased seeds what’s best?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Fanman, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Got some fem seeds from some pretty decent stuff. Am I better off using them or should I locate seed from a retail outlet? Grew some of my seed from last year, this year, seems I think the retail seed seemed a bit better. Opinions?

Fanman

2. I like retail unless I know the plant the seed has came from, or atleast the genetics it produce/d

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Whats genetics and strain? Was that plant they came from good genetics and grown correct? Do both and make it a fun comparison

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 Fanman, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    Yes everything started from either clones or purchased genetics. Also of note, was my seed all seemed a little earlier in maturity than what was purchased this year.

Also I grow outside and limited by legal #.

Fanman

5. Aclimatization is something to consider, as the current strain has been established

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. I turn all my buds into dry ice Kief and that into edible oil Capsules. 8 years of making the same identical capsules. They hit exactly the same whether I'm using high grade clones from nor cal, bought beans from seed banks, freebees my friends find in the bags of Dispensary buds or the dirty crosses I do every 2 years to get 50 fresh seeds.
    It all stones me exactly like batch 1 of oil
    Batch 50
    Batch 500
    Batch 1000.
    It just doesn't matter what I grow. Shake the kief off and it all kicks ass and takes names.
    Plants is plants.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  7. That's great Brass and a good way to process your crop, but it does not answer my question though. I still would like the best seed stock. Are my feminized seed as good as seed that I can purchase?

Thanks

8. it depends on the genetics of the your own feminized seeds ,,,at least if you buy from a good seed breeder that been around some time you should get good genetics ,,mac,

9. I guess the answer I am looking for is subjective and can't really be answered by anyone but me. So I guess I will do both some new seed and my own seed. The research goes on!!!

Fanman

• Agree Agree x 1