Home Depot/Lowe's light or 150W HPS to MH Conversion bulb?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mashiro, Mar 10, 2012.

1. I got this grow light without knowing that you can't find a 150W HPS to MH Conversion bulb ANYWHERE. (If you've got a link to one, please let me know.)

HTG Supply - FLORALUX 150w HPS Mini Grow Light

Would anyone suggest using a 150W MH floodlight from Home Depot or Lowe's?

2. I was thinking of trying those flood lights for side lighting. Should work just fine. Not sure about that first one though. Never seen one of those.

3. You do need a ballast for a mh, however I think its kinda over rated anyways. I have vegged under hps many times with great growth. Sure mh might be "better" but so is co2 and beneficial bacteria, you don't have to have it though. I say use what you have and enjoy your smoke.

4. I have to same 150w mini grow light as you. I looked on Amazon and they have tons of 150 watt MH bulbs that look as though they would fit. As long as im using the same wattage bulb could I just screw that one in and fire it up? Will the bulb eventually explode or set fire to my tent since im using the ballast thats built into the light?

Amazon.com: 150 watt metal halide bulb: Tools & Home Improvement

5. Yeah it'll screw in, but hps uses an ignitor and mh does not from what I understand. I seem to remember hearing it can be done with some rewiring.