Home cinema projector and smoke.

Discussion in 'General' started by vanilla bean latte, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Hey. Not sure if there's a better section for this but here it is.

I'm looking into a projector and wall mounted screens to add to my living room to makes movies epic. I have a decent 7.1 sony system for sound.
    My girlfriend thought that toking it up during the movie would affect the view, enough to cause an annoyance.

Does anyone have experience with smoking into a projectors projection. Lol I have an apartment so I was planning on setting it up on top of a tall tower/ shelf behind the couch instead of ceiling mounting it.

2. I think you can compare it to being at the movies high.

3. MTV cribs lookin ass lol

4. so its been a while since i used my projector but it never really effect the quality of the video the light passes through smoke fairly easy and unless your blowin huge thick clouds of smoke right at it you should see any major loss in quality maybe a bit of like fuzzyness for a second or 2 but the smoke clears plenty fast and it also looks really cool when you blow it in the path of the light and if its high enough above you that shouldnt matter

so ya it might effect quality enough to annoy you a tiny bit when some one blows smoke that way but it would have to be pretty deliberate to actually cause a problem you should be all good

5. You'll be good unless your blow big bong clouds onto the lens

Chef.

6. I remember that.  Blowing smoke into the light path of a projector fascinated me so much I spent hours one night in a previous life doing that...but I was hallucinating and it was probably only a few minutes that seemed like hours.