Home break-in/robbery?

Discussion in 'General' started by SL2SQUEEZE, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Has anyone on the forums ever experienced a home invasion? I have been fortunate enough to not go through this before, but I am wondering if anyone has a personal story relating to this.

2. I know people who have had their houses broken into, but they weren't home at the time, thank God.

My neighbor had someone try to break into his house, the burglar decided to break in through the basement window, where the owner's three dogs slept. Now mind you, the dogs don't have access to ANY other part of the house at night, the guy stuck his head in the window, and one of the dogs jumped up and bit off part of his face, the guy left, but he was never caught. :p

3. Back in Africa our house was broken into, but nothing was stolen, while we were driving to a different city. A live in maid managed to thwart the attempt.

We also had someone jump the wall (8 ft brick) at that house one night, but the sound of three charging Staffies had them over in no time.

4. I had someone break into my place last December while I was sleeping. I was sleeping on the couch in the living room too, right next to the front door where they came in. The person stole my old school umbro bag full of clothes, a pipe and other random shit, that was sitting no more than 5 feet from where I was sleeping. Luckily he left a very expensive watch sitting on the counter.

It was also in an apartment, the lock wasnt broken so Im guessing whoever did it had a key to the my apartment. There were a lot of maintence people working there too, so im thinkin they might have had something to do with it.

I called the cops the next morning and they sent some bird out, he asked some questions and that was that. Never found the person who did it.

5. Yeah, someone went in my window for my PS3...

6. Yea last year some crackwhores stole a nice desktop comp, my laptop, all my video games, my ipod and mp3 player, and a bunch of other shit. Cleaned us out pretty good.

7. My friend had his downstairs glass slide door shattered and the guy stole his plant which was about 3 weeks until done.

8. When I was in university accomodation we got broken into THREE times. The first was right at the very start of the year. My flatmates lost a phone/wallet/cash. The other 2 breakins were later on in the year, and we figured it was the same guy both times because of the similarities of the method (using a mason's hammer to pry open the safety mechanism on the windows)

From the second break in my flatmate lost his phone and some money, but he left his hifi and pc, luckily.

Now the third time, that was crazy. We were all sitting in the living room getting a stone on, and we were in the habit of blocking our room doors open to give hte flat a bit more of a spacious feeling. Anyway, one of my flatmates come into the living room and says something like 'Hey graeme, you're in here? Your doors closed and i thought i heard someone inside' and graeme answers along the lines of '??'. So we all troop out into the corridor and check the door. One of us bangs, and we figure we're being robbed again, as this is only a couple of days after the last breakin.

So kick in the door and break the lock and see the guy escaping out the window! All 5 of us run out the flat, out the front door and start chasing this mad old geezer down the street. About 200 meters down the road he stops and we get a good look at him, hes this crazy old junkie looking guy.

Funnily enough a police car appears out of nowhere. Let me tell you, its the first time I've been happy to see the screws in all my life.

And you know what he was stealing? My flatmates jumper and a bunch of loose change (about 20 buck). Fcking junkie-motherfcker

You know the funniest thing about all this? My flatmate, dougie, who was the one who first noticed, was straight out the shower, and all he was wearing was his boxers. Now hes a big guy, a rower, and seeing him chase this dude down the main street made me think of one thing especially: American History X.

Wow kinda a long post! :devious:

9. Ive been on the other side...

10. Not cool dude, it's never justified to break into someone's house. :(

11. I think there can always be an exception

12. I would never break into someone's house because I would be furious if someone ever broke into mine. Having that basic privacy vandalized is not called for, I don't care if your kid needed food, get a job. Don't take stuff others have worked hard for, it's completely selfish.

13. meh, agreed

14. I wasn't home but somebody kicked in my door at my apartment. When I called the maint. crew they said they had never seen a door like that. Those fux took all my cd's and a cup of loose change. Luckily they left my turntable set up. I didn't even call the cops cause I thought nothing would come of it. Then I realized my cell phone (I had a spare one) was gone. Those fux ran up the bill and eventually I had to file a police report to show the cell company what was up. I asked the neighbors and "I didn't hear anything". WTF, you wouldn't notice a door being kicked in half?

And I know that we are all not saints on this board but home invasion robbery is messed up bro. Hopefully you realize your past misdeeds and have taken a new direction in life.

15. That really sucks dude, it's amazing how fast people can totally fuck with your life and credit. :(

16. I was at a friends house when two guys ran up in their garage and one of them pistol whipped my friend unconcious with one hit. The other guy had a sawed off shotgun. The one with the pistol put the gun to my head and had me empty my pockets. The same went for everyone else, except he continued to hold the gun to my head while he got everyone else's shit. They took all of our wallets, cellphones, money, everything. One of the people who owned the house was pregnant too, and they put the shotgun to her stomach. I haven't really been the same 100% since.

17. That's fucking cruel, some people are monsters.

18. holy shit dude...i dont blame you for feeling a little off now thats some heavy shit to deal with...just know that you are infinitely better than that person and karma will eventually set things straight

19. Classy.

20. Never said i was proud of it...

Was young n dumb, And did time over it.