Holy Shit! My school just sent me a $1200 check!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by NFloyd2357, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Yea, you read the title right! Its made out to me, 1200 bucks. Im 99% sure its because my scholarship is for more than my tuition, n since i live off campus, it can't be applied to housing. well regardless, my pops itsn't expecting any checks from my school, n this bad boy is made out in my name. I think im gonna buy an ounce, an Electro Harmonix Hog for my guitar, and use the rest for bills. Holy fuck this is the greatest news ever. Now i only wish i was doing well in school so i didnt feel like a piece of shit for getting this money

2. I know how u feel about tha not doing so good in school thing. But nice grab on the check. Post some picks of that ounce you pick up.

3. if that check came to me, i would turn that 1200 into 2000+ easy.

invest with that money....dont just blow it. :/

4. errr surely if your dad has paid for your tuition then you're stealing off him?

nice

5. eh
    scholarship?

6. #7 pmb6967, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    ^^ it takes stoners a time or to, to grasp everything said.
    I would definitely invest some of that so you could keep $1200 in your pocket. Who doesn't love free money?

7. Do you pay for your off campus housing? Cause if not that check should definitely go to your father.

8. I would atleast let your pops know and see what he wants to do with it.

9. The school gives you a $1,200 check and you might buy an ounce? Especially when the economy is doing so shitty and schools across the nation are facing budget cuts. Nice.

:rolleyes:

10. hey man you gotta have your priorities straight. :confused: :p:smoking:

11. #12 gloppypop, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    Before blowing it on worthless shit, think about saving some.

.. Not trying to be a dick, though. Just speaking from experience. :eek:

12. Shit man, be careful.

I'm sure you're not as dumb as I was, but my freshman year of undergrad I got a $1200 check, much like yours, that I had no clue was supposed to cover my housing. I thought my parents had taken care of that. So naturally I spend it (on brand new grow lights and a hydroponic setup that I still haven't used) and when the end of the semester rolls around I'm kicked out of the dorms for not paying.

Doesn't sound like your situation is like mine, but just make sure all your school bills are squared away first, just to be safe man.

13. Buy 2 ounces.

Get real fuckin high.

14. Yeah I'm sure the school intended for that to be spent on weed.

15. UH OH! Here comes the GC MORALITY SQUAD!

you should get it cashed it 1's and 5's and wipe your ass with it. every day.

16. hahah the same shit happened to me in mid november, it was like right after my bday and my parents were still hating on me for getting kicked out of school, and they sent me a refund for something for 1182 and change, i was like no-fucking-way. it had my name on it and everything i couldnt believe it so i went cashed it, bought clothes and shit i needed for my new school so my parents wouldnt have to cause i was going from tampa to upstate NY (needed a jacket madd jeans thermals etc) and i took what was left over and bought a kustom roor. my dad found out though but he wasnt madd because i told him i spend it all on clothes and i had madd shit to show for it. (got a $450 kenneth cole jacket for $250, they didnt know that though haha). college is so weird with financial shit.

17. All I'm gonna say is ...

Flip it.

18. Yes money management is for losers.

THROW DAT SHIT ON DA FLOO

19. My school sends me 1,200 every semester. I get financial aid and it is always more then what it costs to go to school, because my college is pretty cheap. I like it, makes feel like I get paid to go to school. Now that is some motivation right there. Hell my college just gave me a job to, that all I do is fuck around on my laptop for 4 hours, 5 days a week. Easy money and free money!