Holy shit. Light at one trillion frames per second! 1,000,000,000,000 FPS!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Senior PoopiePants, Aug 11, 2012.

1. #1 Senior PoopiePants, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_9vd4HWlVA]Ramesh Raskar: Imaging at a trillion frames per second - YouTube[/ame]
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:smoke:

^^^ But still - that's fucking unbelievable and the technological implications are insane.

I just watched light move - from on to off, and it scattered almost like water or something! That was incredible.

If you can't fucking wait, it's 2:00 into the video, you impatient fartface! :)

Holy shit - I just re-watched this in HD on my big-screen, and the light fades away slowly (at 1 trillion FPS anyway). Light fades when it's just shut off abruptly. Awesome.

Edit: And all hail TED! Anything from TED is awesome.

2. Holy shit lol

3. There. Fixed. :D :p

4. Here's more TED.

Use a 3D printer to print a house in hours:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdbJP8Gxqog]TEDxOjai - Behrokh Khoshnevis - Contour Crafting: Automated Construction - YouTube[/ame]

5. Come on, guys - stop wacking off and get in here!

6. [quote name='"iMPREPREX"']Come on, guys - stop wacking off and get in here![/quote]

[quote name='"iMPREPREX"']Of all the people here on GC who were bitching about seeing Mars in the highest resolution possible and crying because the images weren't in yet.

I went through all this work for YOU people. Not for me.[/quote]

Attention whore?

7. NO. I like to disseminate information so people can learn. Problem?

And I work hard on shit. Do I NOT deserve credit?

Yuri - you have a big e-penis here. Why are you being a dick?

If you want to cast the first stone, that's fine, but I'll report that shit. What the FUCK do I ask for in return? For people to see Mars and cool shit?

Get over yourself, bro. Seriously.

And I was/am giddy that I made a better panoramic than NASA. That's a feat. Are you jealous? Is that not a cool thing? Wouldn't you be proud?

:rolleyes:

I always see you starting shit around here. I don't like friction. If you're going to be a dick, then don't even post. It's that simple.

And stop whacking off.

8. I just can't help but point out the irony here ;)

But I must agree with you and your responses, you definitely earned the right to be giddy/excited that you one up'd NASA. That's some awesome shit man, and I appreciate you sharing it with the GC community :wave:

I remember watching this TED awhile ago, and being absolutely blown away at what this science is/could lead to. Imagine all that could come of this, good and bad.

Amazing :smoke:

9. #10 Senior PoopiePants, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    Haha - I realized the same shit when I typed it. Further proof that no one is perfect.

But fucking trolls! Butt-fucking trolls!
    [​IMG]

10. pahaha that image is priceless :D

11. Yes sir it is. I love that guy. In the non gayest way possible.

Remember in "Saving Silverman" he played a gay dude? That was funny coming from him!

12. Subbed so I can watch when im off my pos phone