Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Holy shit guys im so angry right now

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GetDeet, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Ok some of you may not share this anger with me but after I read this I was burned up inside because instead of cutting down so many fuckin trees for paper they could be growing hemp and using that instead! THEY ARE KILLING ANIMAL HABITATS(so basically animals), TREES, THE FUCKIN AIR WE BREATH! ALL FOR NO FUCKING GOOD REASON (AND NO MONEY IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON).

* In 1916, the U.S. Government predicted that by the 1940s all paper would come from hemp and that no more trees need to be cut down. Government studies report that 1 acre of hemp equals 4.1 acres of trees. Plans were in the works to implement such programs; Department of Agriculture

Hemp has a higher quality fiber than wood fiber. Far fewer caustic chemicals are required to make paper from hemp than from trees. Hemp paper does not turn yellow and is very durable. The plant grows quickly to maturity in a season where trees take a lifetime.

sorry guys and gals but I just wanted that out of my system... FUCK this makes me so angry..

2. :eek: holy shit m8 1acr of hemp = 4.1acres of trees in what sense? total yield?

3. In yeild of paper. So 1 acr of hemp produces as much paper as 4.1 acr of trees would.

4. Yeah.. soon all the animals will be extinct. Kinda sucks if you think about it.

5. so by growing pot, we're just balancing out the universe. Right? :smoke:

It's total bullshit though. Even if it's not for smoking, at least grow it for hemp. Such governement bs. The sad part is half of the people in the world don't give a fuck about it either.

6. That is very interesting, though I don't believe those numbers about acre/yield are entirely true. I mean, think of the height of some of those trees. Damn... But still, valid points.

7. i agree that we should use hemp over trees... except.. something that you said wasn't true.. we are actually planting more trees than we are chopping down... its horrible that we even chop down so many.. but we actually do plant more than we chop down..

8. we may be planting more but think about how long it takes a tree to grow. I've had an oak tree in my yard for a year and a half and its only 3 feet tall.

9. I agree the world is a fucked up place