Holy shit, close call.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by pickaplex0, Aug 18, 2011.

1. I have been thinking a lot lately about smoking and driving.
    I do it all the time, but lately I've been worried about what would happen if I got pulled over, etc.

As I was pulling out of my neighbourhood today, I thought to myself "if I ever have a close run-in with the police with weed on me or when I'm high, I will stop burn cruising."

So later, my friends and I decide to go burn at this nature park. After we're there for a couple of hours we decide to leave to get food. There were 3 cars total. I was the first one to leave.

When you leave, there's this long dirt road you have to drive through to get back to the main roads. Just as I was exiting the road, a cop rolls around the corner (from a dead end, so he MUST have been waiting for is). I'm like "SHIT!" and take my weed and just kinda throw it out of the bag onto the floor (it was dark so I couldn't see where it went).

He pulls up parallel to me and rolls down his window. He asks me what we were doing and I was just like "uhhhhh, we were on a nature walk" and he gives me the longest, haardest stare. He asks if we have any drugs, we say no, and he goes on down the path to catch the other cars (which were awhile behind us). He MUST have known I has baked. I'm sure the car danked, even though we didn't smoke in it.

I drive to mcdicks with my heart pounding (I'm scared but i'm still munchin). I then realize that I hadn't dropped the weed to the floor, but it was ALL sitting on top and around the cupholder (probably like ~5gs of nugs and shake). If he had shone a light in our car we would've been fucked. My friend in the passenger seat had multiple ounces on him, and the othera most likely had open liquor bottles in their bags. One of my other friends in one of the other cars also had a scale and a large quantity of unmentionables on him.

I understand I got very lucky... But now I wonder, should I stop smoking weed and driving? Should I take this as a message?

I don't feel my driving is impaired when I'm high (and I'm an EXTREMELY cautious and conservative driver). I won't even take a sip of alcohol and drive my car. It's just the legal aspect -_-

I'd like to hear your guy's thoughts.

2. just dont be dumb like cornering yourself in an obvious "party" location with that much weight on you, cum'on.

3. ^I'm not religious really but that's exactly what I was thinking. It was like that shit was made to happen.

That's the even weirder part cause it's not a obvious place, it really kinda out in the boonies. People barely go there in the day time..

4. What's mcdicks

5. mcdonals, i call it greasy donkys

6. In my opinion, there's rarely any good reason to blaze WHILE driving - yes I know there's nothing like a few doobs on a long road trip, but I think taking smoking breaks are a better idea. I say this because burnt cannabis is such a distinct odour that it's hard for it to not be obvious when you get pulled over.

Driving while high, as long as you don't smell like weed or have super red eyes, is much safer in my opinion. If you have to bring weed with you when you drive somewhere, lock it in the trunk. I've never even come close to getting busted wile driving because of taking these precautions (never smoking in car, not being obviously high, and keeping weed stashed in the trunk). Sure it may seem like quite a hassle, but for me personally, it's well worth it to keep my record squeaky clean.

7. Dude you got a trunk use that shit. Multiple zones inside a car? Your blessed mang

8. had to quote, because of the epicness. I said the exact same words you did to cops. "uhhh just going on a nature walk, and it worked. Story time. Me and 4 friends were idiots back in the day in hs and would skip classes to burn. We went to this hike place kind of by our school. we are hella high walking back to the car in the parking lot when i just hear. "shit undercover" it was a silver camaro, but you could see the lights in the gril. They pull up to us and ask what we are doing. We were running to the parking lot so we were outa breath and just said we were on a nature walk. he was with another officer and they just pulled next to our car and i thought they were gonna search us, but then he just threw it in reverse and left. I think they knew exactly what we were doing but one of the kids i was with knew the officers too cause his dad is a cop. SO when they leave we are all relieved. like what the fuck it was the middle of class, they didnt say anything about truency, and then when we went to mcdonalds we saw him again it was crazy

9. I bet smoking a bowl after that felt extra good. :smoke:

10. Yeah man. I couldn't even toke right after I was so shaken. I'm toking THE most satisfying bong load right now though :)

11. #12 takeahithun, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    lawlexactly