Holy god was I high yesterday. Could barely drive, and got lost

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jda, Oct 27, 2008.

1. I took a three month tolerance break and smoked for the first time yesterday. One blunt between me and my boy. The high starts hitting me really fast, like at the third puff. I can feel my heart going crazy and that warm feeling in my body. As the blunt is smoked I can feel my heart going even faster and faster and faster. And I'm pretty fucking stoned at that point, way stoned, out there.

Well we finish the blunt and I pull out, it's then that I start failing hard at driving. I started driving a manual less than a month ago and I was ****ing up the gear timing so much. I didn't think I was going to drive so stupidly considering that I drive the car pretty well while sober now. The worst thing is that I was trying hard to drive right but it wasn't happening. I also think I was swerving slightly, and I was driving pretty slow :eek:

I kept seeing cop cars and even thought they were gonna pull me over for no reason too.

I don't think I can drive high man, it fucking sucks too because I think cruising around *RELAXED* is pretty fucking chill. I just felt fucking retarded out there and it put me down a bit.

I've never driven blazed before either, automatic or manual. Has anyone else gone through something like this? Does it get better, or are marijuana and driving just not a good mix for me?

2. when you first start being blazed and driving it can be a bit scary. Make sure not to blast music too loud until you feel 100 percent comfortable driving your manual. But yes, driving will get way easier the more you do it. Next time don't get as blazed and go on a little test drive around sub urb roads you know well. good luck man.

3. Hopefully it does get better, initially it really bummed me out. I started off happy but ended up pretty mad.

I also think I get higher with lower doses now, because I used to smoke multiple blunts before and never got this paranoid. It's really annoying.

4. Isn't that the point of tolerance breaks? So you get fucked up even more when you smok again? I would assume that your stoner driving skills will come back to you fairly quickly.

5. I've never driven high. Imagine your first time being high while driving, that pretty much summed up the night. However I've smoked for like a year straight before and haven't smoked in 3 months.

But I was driving the car like a dumb ass and was way too paranoid... weed seems to affect me differently now. :(

6. i drive an automatic and when i drive (especially when i drive over newly paved roads) well it starts looking like a video game. if im puffin in the car and go from sober to high my surroundings just morph into a tight ass video game. Its pretty sweet...never tried with a manual though. (too much work)

7. real life stories...

8. I used to just drive slow as balls the first couple times I did it. It got better for me. Highways are a little tricky, though. I feel like 60 mph is conspicuously slow, but I swear I'm at hyper-speed when I hit 65. But now my college is about 100 miles from home, so it's nice to light up, crank the tunes, and just fly home.:smoke: Every time I come back is a journey.

9. u all suck

10. Great post. You could at least elaborate on why you feel this way.

It fits in here too, it does pertain to recreational marijuana use.

11. #11 Tuk2, Oct 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2008
    1. Marijuana doesnt increase your heart rate noob.
    2. If you were driving under the speed limit/erratically then they would have a reason to pull you over now wouldnt they?

When getting high was new to me and I was extremely intoxicated off of mid grade weed, I couldnt even imagine driving! Then I tried it. Besides completely forgetting the roads I was on and where I was going I did ok. Then tollerance came into the picture. Now driving with a buzz is no different than driving sober. Manual trans, cig, cell phone, and blazed, easy peasy.

12. I'm probably overeating.

Marijuana can definitely make your heart start racing INDIRECTLY. It is my paranoia and obviously I let it get the best of me. I just got extremely high and possibly had a mild to bad panic attack making me too worried to concentrate on driving.

And I definitely gotta either smoke less or let my tolerance build up before I drive high.

13. 1. Marijuana DOES increase heart rate. What on earth are you talking about. You may have gotten used to it if you smoke frequently, but for someone who doesent or hasnt smoked in a while they can tell. Plus marijuana can have different effects on people. Example? People are allergic to peanuts, while others arent. Need more?

2. Police can stop you for driving under the limit. Hell, they can pull you over for shits and giggles. Driving under the limit can also be seen as a hazard to other drivers just as speeding is a hazard to drivers.

I hope this helped. -rep for being an ass.

14. This is exactly why I've never taken a t break. I don't want to go back to not being able to handle the effects of cannabis, being all sketched out and goofy. I like being able to smoke and concentrate, I use it as a tool now, not just something to get me fucked up.

15. Moved to Real Life Stories

16. Man I actually miss those days, driving around smoking blunts in neighborhoods and getting COMPLETELY lost due to a really low tolerance. The first time I ever smoked I drove high, that was a bit scary, but I drive high pretty much daily, my tolerance is so high not it doesn't bother me in the least bit, even when my tolerance was low I could still drive fine. Texas drivers are fucking terrible though.

17. Or we could learn to not over-indulge.

18. I don't see which part of my post you think I was being an ass...except calling him a noob, which is perfectly founded seeing as how this is the apprentice tokers section.

I could be wrong but I dont believe marijuana effects the heart rate in those without anxiety or apprehension about the high. Its not cocaine. I do know that it expands blood capillaries, nothing to cause a "racing heart" though.

19. Once you're fully comfortable with driving a manual you'll be able to drive stoned. It'll be like autopilot.

20. I agree, but I still think it'd be worth it to take a T break.

I would love to get high to the point of oblivion like back in the day and just listen to music. Then I'd get back into a routine of smoking pretty often and my tolerance would go back in no time.

good plan, eh?