Hollywood needs to make more stoner flicks

Discussion in 'Movies' started by hardcheeba91, Jan 3, 2011.

1. We only get a couple good ones every 5 years or so. Weed is getting more popular too so it's time to capitalize.

2. id like to see a movie about some real time growers.. making bank, and smoking bud with good storyline.. and all that.. i get tired off those cheezy stoner flicks

3. nah only the original stoner flicks were worth watching and maybe 1 or 2 modern ones like pineapple express and grandmas boy.

the rest are garbage, trying too hard to be funny..stereotypes are played out as fuck...and the most annoying thing is when the writers don't know fuck all about real stoner culture and just make idiotic shit up for quick laughs...I'd know, I used to get stoned and watch all the stoner flicks back in the days

4. yeah like i saw this one called "sexpot"... i was just like wtf is this shit

5. How is it not already capitalized enough? Just because its not everywhere doesnt mean its not out there.

I would like to see it more often in the background. Making a bunch of cheech and chong rip-off movies are just annoying tbh. What will be funny is to see like a bong randomly or have more off topic references to it

6. [​IMG]

sup? comin out april 8th, it's a medieval stoner comedy

7. ^ wow the trailer looks terrible. there needs to be a movie about everyday people smoking and buying and all that.

8. Looks like Your Highness will be really funny to me. I am going to watch it just because it is by the same people as Pineapple Express.

9. To be honest we need a movies that arent "stoner" movies, sure there should be movies with people smoking, but It dosent really help our cause with movies showing all stoners as dumb losers who just smoke all day.

10. We do need more stoner movies but like "Rollbud" said they need to be actual good films . nothing thats gonna give Law Markers a reason to not wanna legalize pot. For example, Smiley Face. I love the movie and it's funny but, she makes all pot smokers look like fiends and idiots.

11. yeah ! I am agree with it , there will be more bets entertainment at t his time , as its a good scenario to catch best entertainment from hollywood .

12. the problem with making more and more stoner movies is the realization that not all of them are going to be good, not all of them are going to portray the right image either. we already catch enough shit over a simple enough harlmess plant.

13. they are not making such good movies as in past. I m also feeling down. and expecting some damn good flicks this year.

14. Hollywood would never do this.

It would take an indie film company to do it (which aren't making as many movies today because of torrents)

and what pisses me off is that the news portrays weed as a dirty drug.

For example: When they have debates on legalization and things, they show the same clip of a guy lighting a joint with a ton of smoke blowing around.

They don't show edibles, vaporizers and normal people. Modern day reefer madness is somewhat here. Pathetic!!!

15. Smiley face is HILARIOUS.
    :)