Holes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Toad99, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Hey guys,

I have two holes on one leaf and am very concerned about it. Would someone know what is it by any chance please?

Thanks so much,
    Toad Screenshot_20181124-090659.jpg

Sent from my TA-1025 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don't be very concerned about it ...Chill its nothing

either spilt nute or Whitefly scar

its no Biggy

cheers/

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks buddy, what do you mean by "spilt nute"?

Thanks a lot for your answer man!

• Like Like x 1
  4. "spilt nute"? = Nutritional Solution dropped onto the leaf

cheers/

• Like Like x 1
  5. So I should never put the nutrient onto the leaf? There's probably my mistake

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ya dont

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hey so I noticed my other plants got it way more actually while it didn't have it this morning and I didn't use any nutrients today. Could it be a calcium deficiency eventually or spider mites damages? I'm just really concerned because this is my first grow also after a consistent investment from me so I'm a little worried

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mites leave tiny white spots randomly all over a leaf's surface.

In that pic it looks wet around the brown spots so @vostok most likely nailed it.

Doesn't look like a Ca deficiency but if it's happening to lots of leaves it's possible.

More info is needed. Soil, nutrients, type and ppm of water used would narrow it down.

Check out that link in vostok's sig. All the info you need there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for the reply man. There are so white stains here and there and particularly on the lower leaves (some are very whites).

Soil= Ocean Forest
    Nutrient= Fox Farm Big Bloom so far
    Water=tap water with white vinegar to lower the pH to 6.5

Wait, what link are you talking about?

Thanks a lot for answer again, greatly appreciated !!

• Like Like x 1
  10. You should get some proper pH down. It's not that expensive and vinegar being a weak organic acid it really doesn't work very well.

I'd get a water report from your supplier so you know what's in it. They will usually email you one for free as they're supposed to on request. No business of theirs why you're asking either but you can just tell them you what to know what you're drinking. If it's hard water the minerals will build up in the soil over time and can cause problems down the road.

Maybe a couple more pics of the white spots would help.

This link. Free Pot Books.

11. Alright, thanks a lot for your answer!

So I will ask for a water report.
    In the meantime, if my pH tester indicates 6.5 when I put some vinegar in, what would be the problem compared to using a real pH down?

I send you a few pictures
    Again, thanks for you time!

12. Take ur tap water and put it un jugs outside for a day or 2. This will bake Flouride and other crap out. I would get a ph meter. Know it waters ph. So when u get used to the ph numbers when u make up feeds, it's a way to check ur meter is right. My water is always 7.2.and around 550 ppms. U can take like 2oz of soil from plant and 2oz of distilled water. Stir in cup and than put meter in cup. That will give u the actual soil ph. Some day get a ppm meter so u will know if ur plants are eating each water or feed time

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

13. feel free to mist your plants with some water to give them a bath once a week its good for them as long as you have a fan running in the room . in the veg stage ,

14. Thanks for the explanations but I've been testing the pH of my water since I grow my plants ^^