Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Holding Your Hits

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by asiancaucasian, May 18, 2009.

1. my question is: how long should you have to hold your hits? my friends say that you have to "zero" your hits aka hold them in for like atleast 30 seconds because that gets you a lot higher. however i read somewhere that after 15 or 20 seconds of holding it, it doesnt make a difference how long you hold it, and you will only mess up your lungs more. then i read that you only have to hold it for like 2 seconds. although it may seem ironic, im a runner and i would like to damage my lungs as little as possible, while still getting baked. any suggestions?

2. At around 4-6 seconds the majority of the thc has diffused out of the smoke and into your lungs.

3. Your friend is wrong.
    5-10 seconds usually does the trick.

4. inhale for 5 seconds, most is absorbed in the first few secs, i only zero my hits to not get caught or not piss off neighbors

5. 5 seconds is what I've heard is the time needed to absorb the THC. Those that argue with that say they feel more high after zeroing their hit, that's only because they're slightly light-headed from holding in their breath for a minute and they think that light-headedness is them just being more high.

6. Also the longer you hold your hits the worse it is for your lungs if you think about it. If you have smoke trapped in your lungs for 30 seconds at a time that is not a good thing.

7. It is completly unneccesary to hold in smoke for more then 5 seconds. Most of the THC is absorbed with 3 seconds anyway. The only reason your dumb friends think they feel higher is becuase they are getting light headed from oxygen deprivation. You may as well get high on choking yourself..

8. QFT.

Sometimes I count in my head to a reasonably low number like 5, but usually I dont have to.
    :smoking:

9. Edibles my friend...

10. http://forum.grasscity.com/seasoned-tokers/390852-how-long-do-you-hold-your-smoke.html

i know you are new, but the search function comes in handy :) This is actually an active thread still too. lol

11. Your lungs will be fine.

Michael Phelps won 14 fucking gold medals.

12. use a vape if you wanna save your lungs

:bongin:

13. Oh yeah how often does Phelps smoke, and how long does he hold his hit?, he's a hardcore athlete in the first place so that's kindof different.
    But a vaporizer would be the ultimate value in the long term

14. Definitly not more than 5 seconds. It is a big waste of time after that. It doesn't take hours for the smoke to arrive to your brain.

This trick I can give you : Hold them in for as long as you wish man. If you hold them in for 1 second or 30 secondes, you will, in any of those two ways, get high.

Enjoy smoking and don't bother too much with keeping it in. Just go with the flow! :smoking:

15. Get a vape. Make brownies and fire crackers on special occasions. Problem solved.