Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Holding weed in longer.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by carrotcake, Nov 9, 2011.

1. I'm not asking if this ACTUALLY helps in that sense, seeing as the general consensus is 3-5 seconds before the THC is absorbed.

I'm just asking, from your own mental aspect, does holding your hit in longer make you feel like you got more out of it? Got "higher?" Some people believe having a positive outlook on something like, say, a common cold can be beneficial. You catch my drift, and just apply it to holding in a hit :smoke:

Also, new here. Hey everyone!

2. Honestly I feel I get higher when I hold it in for 7-10 seconds rather then 3-4. Just my opinion.

3. Usually I aim for 6. Mississippi kinda count it down.
    Although, I like ghosting hits too

4. I'm with you guys. Or, I just hold it in until I'm no longer comfortable holding my breath. It's a relaxing thing after all, right? :p

What's ghosting a hit? Holding it in til no smoke comes out?

5. Killing more brain cells.

6. Sometimes I do it, sometimes I don't. I only really notice the difference when I'm toking by myself, seems like it gets me higher.

7. Yes sir that's what it is.
    People may call it something different, but I like ghostin' :smoke:

8. I've been ghostin' awhile then! Didn't know people were so against it lol (after reading through some other threads).

9. [quote name='"carrotcake"']I've been ghostin' awhile then! Didn't know people were so against it lol (after reading through some other threads).[/quote]

Like you said, its a peron to person thing. Eveeyones different, but We're ghost tokers

10. Yea I hold it in for a while, I just want to make sure I get every last bit ya know? Plus, I doubt its really going to hurt my lungs that bad, haven't noticed any changes so far.

11. Right right. I haven't noticed anything either. I also think like this. Smokers know the risk of inhaling, but they choose to do it for whatever reason they do. I know there may be risk of holding it in longer, but like you said, I want to make sure I use all of it (among other reasons). After all, still just a poor college kid. Learin on the flhigh :bongin: