Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Holding it in- is this true?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Shalur, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Reading the advice to younger tokers thread in the seasoned's forum, and came across this buried 40 pages in:

This goes against what my friends say, but my friends are idiots who learned how to do this from other idiots. Does anyone know if the above is true or false?

2. many ppls debate this usually it can be agreed on 3-5seconds a hit max...anylonger and its just extra shit you wont want in your lungs

3. After 5 - 7 seconds it's said all cannabinoids that will be absorbed by your lungs have been so there is no point to keep holding in your smoke after that.

4. #4 GreyMatterTripp, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010
    This is true.

You can search for a thread I posted in if you want but I've already cited the study that shows that holding the smoke in doesn't matter as far as delta-9 THC absorption.

Edit: Here ya go actually, I found it.

5. Awesome, thanks guys! I hate holding it in... haha. +rep