Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Holding in Your Hits Longer = Higher?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Motza, Aug 21, 2009.

1. So I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about this and I want to know the truth.

When you take a rip of a bong, blunt, bowl or whatever the hell youre smokin out of, and you dont exhale immediately but hold your hit in for a little bit, will that make you get higher than if you were to just blow it out right away? Some people say all it does is fuck your lungs and make you lightheaded (which happens when you hold your breath even when you arent smoking)

So GC, is there any correlation between how long you hold your hits and how high you get?

2. You need to hold it in, but not for fucking 30 seconds like some people. It takes 3-5 seconds for your lungs to absorb the THC THAT IT CAN. (There will still be THC in the smoke)

3. Yeah anything past 7 seconds or so and you are just absorbing more plant matter and starving your brain for oxygen

4. What if you hold it in so long that when you breath out you blow no smoke out...

Does this mean your body absorbed all the THC?

I think so...................................................

You DO get higher from holding your hits in longer, but it comes with a price. It's bad on your lungs.

Enough said...

You can't deny it.

5. Um the THC is in the smoke... if you exhaled and there is no smoke it means you diluted it by breathing in after the hit, and it also means you took a weak ass hit.

You don't get any higher after holding your hits in after 5 seconds...

6. Ive always held my hits in for 6-7 seconds and blown them out SLOWLY. I have this weird theory that when I blow my hits out slowly I get more high because more smoke is allowed contact with my lungs. Who knows though.

7. this is the exact time/method i use when I toke. it works the best for my highs.

8. It's all good as long as you don't hold your hit for longer than 5-7 seconds IMO.... the 30 second thing is already wayyy to long...

9. Good thing I read this, ive been smoking for about 8 months and I hold my hits in for like a minute and 30 seconds.

10. lmfao fail.

i normally hold my hits in for like 5-6 seconds then blow out. idk why everyone thinks they get super high if theyh hold it in so long

there only so much THC in the smoke and then only so much THC can be absorbed.

idk i think i just have a lil more common sense then my friends haha

11. I hold all my hits for 30 seconds

12. Some guy on here had it pretty much down pat

"pick a number between 3 and 10 and hold it in for that long" any longer is pointless and will probably cause you more harm then good

13. I've heard the magic number is 2. It takes 2 seconds for your lungs to absorb like.. 98% of the thc out of the smoke.

I don't immediately spit it out when i take the hit, but holding it in long is just keeping your lung tissue in contact with harsh smoke/tar for longer..

14. rofl...thanks for making me laugh lol

15. NO. This an an EXTREMLY COMMON misconception.

Your lungs can only absorb so much of the THC, only hold in smoke for a MAXIMUM of 5 missspip seconds. ANy longer and you are just letting more tar build up in your lungs, it wont kill you, but its pretty uncomfortable and a waste of time.

16. well i like to hold it in becuz everytime i do it makes me feel higher, i used to hold it in for like 3 seconds and now i hold it in for like 15 seconds and it makes my high last longer and its more intense, maybe its just me but i thought id let u kno :rolleyes:

17. hahaha i laugh at stupid people.

The only reason you "feel higher" after holding your breathe for 2 minutes is because you are feeling the first effects of oxygen deprivation. Especially after you take in a lung full of smoke, there isnt as much oxgen when you hold it in as there would be in a regular breathe of fresh air. Holding your breathe literally kills your brain cells...You may as well just get high by choking yourself if you feel the need to hold hits for 2 minutes.

18. So what if I blow the smoke out and inhale it again? Will that do anything?

19. Then you will be inhaling stale smoke, which not only doesnt have any THC left, but it tastes like fucking resin/bong water. Truly disgusting

20. how many times would you have to shotgun to get all the thc out of the smoke?