Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Holding in your hit?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sparky 6, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I was taught by Richard, a former beatnik and hippie head shop owner, to count to 5, then exhale. (He also taught us about decarbing way back in the 1970s! He called it "frying your weed"- he'd put cannabis is an empty frying pan, stirring it constantly to gently toast it on low heat to decarb it).

However, some folks think even 3 seconds of holding a hit is quite sufficient.

Marijuana 101: Why You Shouldn’t Hold Your Hits For More Than 3 Seconds.
    (news – 2018) https://thefreshtoast.com/cannabis/...uldnt-hold-your-hits-for-more-than-3-seconds/

Your lungs are remarkably efficient at getting oxygen (and THC) into your body. If you hold hits for much longer than 5 seconds, you are edging into an oxygen-deprivation "high" along with the THC "high". For me, this makes for a more "fuzzy-minded" high. Since I like to read medical studies while "high", having my brain feeling "fuzzy" and not working at its optimal level, is a bad thing! And to put it at its simplest, oxygen deprivation is not good for your brain or body.

Granny

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. #62 Adlutex, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
    I know it's probably not the healthiest method of smoking, but I'd like to focus also on pleasure aspect. It just feels so good. I've quit cigarettes thanks to this, I came back to sport. So I thing lungs are fine. I simply like smoking. Cigarette had been giving me this nice "buzz" in chest. I also sometimes held the cigarette smoke longer. I always wanted to smoke weed but I was scared (it's a drug!) But If I'd know that the pleasure from one weed hit gives more pleasure than 10000 cigarettes, I'd never start to smoke cigarettes.
    PS. One time I tried to get high with a 3 secs hits... guys are you joking :D no effect at all. Unless of course it's a blunt and you take 10 hits. In this case holding is pointless. That's why I don't smoke blunts, it's just a total wasting of weed.