Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Holding in your hit?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sparky 6, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I hold that shit in till my lungs itch:smoke:

2. 5 seconds with smoke. With vapor, you want to hold it as long as you can, or take smaller hits. Exhaled vapor is wasted vapor.

3. fuck youtube kids. I take hits to my desired size small-big and hold them for however long I can usually.Irong lungs.:hello::hello:

4. everyone around here takes big hits only noobs take the small ones

i hold it in for about 10-15 seconds

5. it is true thc only lasts around 7 secs in the lungs?

6. well on videos most people want you to see their fat rip so they exhale quickly so it looks bigger..but most of the thc is absorbed in like like 3-5 seconds anyways

7. noobs? i know people that have been smokin weed for 30+ years and their lungs straight up wont allow them to take big hoots.

8. damn they must have some week lungs

9. Ghostings my thing,,3-4 seconds don't exactly count but point is coughing is what does the trick, not holding the hit.

10. this may have been said already just way to stoned to find out as im sure some of you can relate but a lot of my friends seem to think coughing gets you higher so thats why they hold it in.

11. And if your hitting a bong I usually take 3-5 second bong hits so i usually dont end up holding it in to long cause it would all be absorbed right?

12. It's 3-5 seconds. Holding it in longer then that is stupid and you'll just get more tar build up in your lung's. THC is what you want and not the extra smoke mixed with it.

13. And a VERY good argument for using a vaporizer. :hello:

14. Any of you guys play traffic lights when your smoking a joint ? Gets you blipped and its a cool thing to do when your smoking with friends

15. If I'm smoking with other people, I would rather they take a hit they can handle. I've seen it happen too many times where some jackass or valley girl will take too big of a hit, and try to hold it in for too long and cough into the piece.

16. #56 4Cave2man0, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
    Its not holding it,, it's the size of the hit like how much you pull on the blunt or whatnot if you take big hits and cough you'll be straight..trust

(No need to hold damaging smoke for to long,, its pointless to play chicago or mercy or whatever you people call it,, you holding smoke that isn't getting you high and holding it in until a group finishes rotation is retarded

17. ill hold mine in for like 5 seconds, but then ill take 1 kill hit each sesh and hold it in for like 10 seconds, trust me itll fuck you up.

18. I hold mine in for atleast 3 seconds to make sure i'm not wasting it. I can't stand it when people don't inhale!

19. #59 Adlutex, May 2, 2022
    Last edited: May 2, 2022
    For me 3 secs is a huge wasting :p

But this debate doesn't make any sense if you miss the fundamental aspect: what is your method of smoking.
    If you smoke from small glass pipes - hold that shit in. 15 secs is minimum, 30 secs is optimal. Its the most popular in places when weed is expensive and hard to get, because it's the most weed-saving method.
    In richer and more liberal countries smokers prefere bongs or blunts, wich don't need long holding, especially when blunt or bong is big.
    I have no problem to get weed, I'm a patient, I can have a lot of it, but... I prefer small pipes or small bongs. And it's the method of choice. Why? Smoke is a little warmer, it's been absorbed in lungs slower, so I need to hold longer. And that's what I want :p it's really awesome feeling when I hold it. When nothing comes out, or my cough is crazy, I know i did it right. I love smoking weed. Not only consuming the THC, but smoking. Smoking means inhaling smoke, so it's more than obvious that I want to absorb as much smoke as possible.

20. @Storm Crow ….
    She will have some information on this.