Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Holding in your hit?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sparky 6, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I think it's pointless to hold it in more than 90 seconds- any more than that and you're just gettin brain tar and damaging lung cells. :p

2. not to mention a wicked headrush :smoking:

3. Youtube videos with USA kids taking big bong rips are just to show off how much smoke they can pull. They inhale more or less for 1 sec and blow it out.

I personally hold my hits wether its blunts spliffs jays or pipes.
    Not too long though, max 5 sec or somethin.
    I heard at 6 you have absorbed as good as all the stuff thats in there.

The Youtube stuff though, is a waste of high.
    Perhaps not really a waste of weed, cause it can still get u buzzed and its fun to do, but the high will not be as intense.

4. I hold my hits in for as long as i can, i dont really care what im putting into my lungs..I like to get the most out of my weed, which includes OTHER cannabinoids that'll help fuck me up. :D

5. i really dont think all of you get it....its been said a fuckton on this thread. you dont need to hold your hitts in for that long....3-5seconds at the very very most you shouldent hold it longer than 10, i really is pointless not to mention potentally harmful to hold it longer than that. its not about damaging your lungs its about damaging your brain. i dont know why all of you boast that you can distroy more brain cells due to lack of O2 than the next guy.

6. Same here! Hold it for 5-10 seconds and you'll get higher, may not be a scientific theory but IMO that's what gets you higher.

7. honestly if I'm smoking with someone who smokes it like a cigarette I'll tell them to hold it in longer. 3 to 5 seconds is really all you need

8. I always hold my hits for at least 5 seconds, but I don't really get pissed if people don't.

9. That's really the problem isn't it? We got one guy hopping mad because we hold our hits in too long and I get the feeling that long hits are upheld by force in certain areas. Sweet Hallelujah just let everyone hit it the way they want. Worrying about other people's hits is bad for your blood pressure.

10. i hold it as long as i can, cause my lungs can go fuck themselves. i'm in a hurry to get that cool oxygen tank to tow around. :D

11. 5 second rule.

12. i hold in bong rips minimum of 5 seconds
    otherwise it dont matter

13. i always end up winning that game somehow...people are wack lol

14. It pisses me off when I pack a bowl of my headies then someone takes a big hit and immediately blows out a huge cloud. I mean damn hold it for a second at least.

I'll hold for a few seconds then exhale about halfway and inhale again then let it go.

15. yea i had a couple buds over a couple nights ago and i was the only one packing, but i decided to pack a fat keif bowl. I took the first hit and cornered it so everyone one could get a hit. The second kid in cycle torches the whole bowl and blows in out in about .2 of a second cough his lungs out. i went from :eek::mad:

16. i heard it was bad to hold it in, most thc is absorbed within a few seconds, anything after that is just bad for you. 3 seconds is all you need, no need to hold it in forever....ghosting hits is fun tho

17. i just hold my hit in for like a couple seconds
    it doesn't really matter how long you hold the hit in
    but holding it in is still ill

18. Yeah, as a few people have said, chicago all the way. When I let my hit out I want to be spacin' off the lack of oxygen.

19. #39 Nathan, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
    This guy's smart:rolleyes:.

5 seconds is all you need. Unless you take a giant hit, you're just damaging your lungs.

20. yea i only hold for 2-3 seconds and i get high as balls anyways.